MSC Sinfonia

cruiser101101

Is the MSC Sinfonia as popular in the Med as it is in South Africa?

No not really. In South Africa it's usually just the Sinfonia or the Opera or sometimes both. In the Med, people seem to prefer going on the newer bigger ships like the Divina or other Fantasia class ships. Musica class is also more popular.

That said the older, smaller ships like the Armonia nd Sinfonia tend to have more unusual itineraries, so they still get reasonable passenger numbers, especially in higher season.

Is the MSC Sinfonia as popular in the Med as it is in South Africa?

I can only reference MSC Sinfonia's popularity at this time because I'm currently enjoying a rather nice cup of tea in the Cafe Bar onboard Sinfonia (Wifi is the public areas is the best I have experienced on any cruise ship).

This cruise is full to capacity with a varied mix of nationalities. I think what appeals to Europeans is that there are multiple embarkation/disembarkation points giving them flexibility.

Earlier this year I sailed the East Med with RC Splendour and I have to say MSC Sinfonia wins hands down... so much more relaxed and staff are incredibly friendly.

Sorry... can't say about the South African cruises as its not something I have been on. I do know that when this cruise finishes in Genoa on Friday, it starts its repositioning cruise.

K x

Just would like to know if anyone has booked MSC Divina Dec 7th sailing to Caribbean out of Miami...I am sailing solo...and it is my first time sailing MSC Line... can someone tell me...are the activities like all the other cruise lines...or are they more laid back... do they have things to do for singles sailing alone... i am just having mixed feelings...as i have been reading all of the reviews...and so far i haven't read one positive review... just hope that i am not making a mistake...but the price was right for the cruise...and wanted to experience a different line...besides rccl, norweigian, princess, carnival, etc... can someone get back to me with alot of information...also what are the gratuities on the ship... do they take them out in advance, or you just pay them at the end of the cruise...also how can i sign up for a liquior package... or a wine packaage...

Just would like to know if anyone has booked MSC Divina Dec 7th sailing to Caribbean out of Miami...I am sailing solo...and it is my first time sailing MSC Line... can someone tell me...are the activities like all the other cruise lines...or are they more laid back... do they have things to do for singles sailing alone... i am just having mixed feelings...as i have been reading all of the reviews...and so far i haven't read one positive review... just hope that i am not making a mistake...but the price was right for the cruise...and wanted to experience a different line...besides rccl, norweigian, princess, carnival, etc... can someone get back to me with alot of information...also what are the gratuities on the ship... do they take them out in advance, or you just pay them at the end of the cruise...also how can i sign up for a liquior package... or a wine packaage...

I answered your similar question on the Divina thread here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1637341&page=3

Daily service charge is $12 pp per day and is added to your onboard account. There is also a 15% service charge on all drinks. You pay at the end of the cruise. Drinks packages can be ordered via your TA or MSC directly. There is a section on the website for onboard services.

No not really. In South Africa it's usually just the Sinfonia or the Opera or sometimes both. In the Med, people seem to prefer going on the newer bigger ships like the Divina or other Fantasia class ships. Musica class is also more popular.

That said the older, smaller ships like the Armonia nd Sinfonia tend to have more unusual itineraries, so they still get reasonable passenger numbers, especially in higher season.

Hi sorry what you mean by "unusual itineraries"?

Hi sorry what you mean by "unusual itineraries"?

By unusual I mean smaller or lnot the usual ports of call that the bigger ships call at in the Med. For example calling at Mahon instead of Palma de Mallorca; cote d'Azur instead of Marseille.

Archived