Ordering gifts for stateroom - seasonal gift

At one time I believe I had read on the board that you could order a small Christmas tree for your stateroom from the RCI gift section. I searched, but didn't have any luck. I also checked the RCI website. Does anyone know if this is true? We are sailing on AOS from San Juan and am not bringing even a tiny tree in my luggage. If I need to, I can get a small one or something else that will suffice in San Juan. It would be nice to just have something already in the room. TIA.

We got one for our cabin last year. I'll have to see if the SO remembers how he ordered it.

I checked and he ordered it through the gifts and gear section last year but I don't see it there now. Maybe call or email customer service and see if it's still available?

We did a Christmas cruise out of San Juan few years ago and in SJ we bought a macramé tree about 18" tall that we hung on the window using some suction cups we brought along. Then at each port we bought 1-2 hanging trinkets we hung off the little fuzzy ornaments stitched to the tree. We still have it and hang it up every year. It's a great reminder of trips gone by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I called RCI and they told me that shortly after Thanksgiving weekend they would have the tabletop Christmas trees available to order online for your cabin.

This is awesome! I looked before but never found them, I guess I was looking too early. Anyone know roughly $$$. Do they do the stateroom decorations with it or just the tree?

A couple of quick questions about these trees:

- are they real trees or fancy plastic? (sorry, sounds stupid but had to ask)

- If I buy it, at the end of the cruise can I take it off the ship with me then on to a different ship that I'm embarking that same day?

THANKS! :D

At one time I believe I had read on the board that you could order a small Christmas tree for your stateroom from the RCI gift section. I searched, but didn't have any luck. I also checked the RCI website. Does anyone know if this is true? We are sailing on AOS from San Juan and am not bringing even a tiny tree in my luggage. If I need to, I can get a small one or something else that will suffice in San Juan. It would be nice to just have something already in the room. TIA.

Earlier today I ck'd the floral celebration section and saw the 3 different things that you can order. Yes the Christmas tree is real--I had to ask the order person.

I ordered the o one flower selection but I think I may also order the tree. Oh it say the tree is only avail on North American sailings.

A couple of quick questions about these trees:

- are they real trees or fancy plastic? (sorry, sounds stupid but had to ask)

- If I buy it, at the end of the cruise can I take it off the ship with me then on to a different ship that I'm embarking that same day?

THANKS! :D

here is a link to a thread where someone had one in their stateroom . . it was a fake tree, therefore shouldn't be any restrictions to removing it. They only prohibit live items being removed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1454210&highlight=tree+gear&page=2

here is a link to a thread where someone had one in their stateroom . . it was a fake tree, therefore shouldn't be any restrictions to removing it. They only prohibit live items being removed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1454210&highlight=tree+gear&page=2

THANKS for the link. After seeing that picture I think I'll pass. Might be able to pick one up at a store in FLL close to tbe hotel for much, much cheaper. ;)

Archived