Amex Platinum perk

clo6216

My travel agent did talk to X and Am.Ex.Plat. and was told that you can not combine perx`s if on a special fare. We were on Suite GTY and they said no. I think most of us are on some type of special as no one pays full list price.

Amex offers perks that are in addition to a special fare. When I use them for example, I always get a bottle of sparkling wine, dinner for two at a specialty restaurant of my choice and an onboard credit. This has nothing to do with any celebrity benefits I might receive. Perhaps not an upgrade or additional discount, but other perks when you deal directly or transfer the booking the a Platinum Amex travel agent.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen this anywhere (including on the AmEx website) so I thought I'd post this very important caveat: AmEx platinum benefits are ONLY valid on cruises that are 5 nights or more. Bummer for my four night cruise, but it's already a great deal so I suppose I can't complain too much!

Haven't seen this anywhere (including on the AmEx website) so I thought I'd post this very important caveat: AmEx platinum benefits are ONLY valid on cruises that are 5 nights or more. Bummer for my four night cruise, but it's already a great deal so I suppose I can't complain too much!

Since the shortest cruise we have taken was for 5 nights- I cannot speak about the 4 night cruise perks. Thanks for the information!

Very interesting informative topic, I was about to call Celebrity tomorrow to request my platinum xtra perks until I got to the last page and read about the 5 nights or more requirement, we are booked on a 4th night cruise, so there is nothing to be done. But it is great to know, I have traveled before on longer cruises not knowing about it.

Thank you for posting this thread !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking about getting this card and since it seems some of you on here use one, I have a few questions.

About how much do you pay for business class seats to Europe with the BOGO, in particular Barcelona? The main reason I am interested is for this perk but if they are still cost prohibitive I am not going to bother. I can book non-refundable tickets on AA for around $2,600 pp which is still too expensive for us:( but we hate flying coach and experienced business and first class travel last year and were spoiled.

Also I see where you can't combine offers, does this include things like the $1,000 OBC credit offer currently underway or just specially priced fares?

Also does the initial deposit have to be paid with the Am Ex? I don't have the card currently and have just held a cabin under the $1K OBC offer, I have to pay the deposit by Saturday. I also will have enough miles on my Capital One to pay close to $1,000 on the balance of my cruise.

Thanks!

Archived