Freeport (Quick review/pics)

kathew

We didn't have anything planned ahead of time. So when we got off of the Carnival Pride we saw signs for a shuttle to take us into town. It was $10/pp round trip. They took us to Lucayan where we followed signs to the beach. The beaches are free so we went to the Radisson's beach. For a fee you could get a wrist band to use the pool/chairs, but we decided to pass. The beach was so beautiful! This is still one of our favorite places b/c of the price & how pretty it was! After, we started to get bored we walked across the road and found shops/markets & did some shopping.

I know people say that Freeport is a place to stay on the ship, but we loved it!! The people were so nice and it seemed less crowded than a lot of the other islands. Plus you can't beat $10 for an excursion :)

f1.jpg.72f5826aa51e8dd165683ee4f314d318.jpg

f2.jpg.88f2b21900c8d86b0c05294176aa855e.jpg

r3.jpg.c5b57970e9835691d10890b704bcace2.jpg

We didn't have anything planned ahead of time. So when we got off of the Carnival Pride we saw signs for a shuttle to take us into town. It was $10/pp round trip. They took us to Lucayan where we followed signs to the beach. The beaches are free so we went to the Radisson's beach. For a fee you could get a wrist band to use the pool/chairs, but we decided to pass. The beach was so beautiful! This is still one of our favorite places b/c of the price & how pretty it was! After, we started to get bored we walked across the road and found shops/markets & did some shopping.

I know people say that Freeport is a place to stay on the ship, but we loved it!! The people were so nice and it seemed less crowded than a lot of the other islands. Plus you can't beat $10 for an excursion :)

beautiful...thanks for taking the time to post!

Can you tell me how the shuttle works? Do you pay the $10 up front? How do they know you already paid when you are ready to come back? Does the same shuttle take & pick you up? How close to Lucaya Beach does the shuttle drop you off? We have some people in our group that have bad knees. How many people can a shuttle hold at one time ? LOTS of questions:eek:. Thanks!

Can you tell me how the shuttle works? Do you pay the $10 up front? How do they know you already paid when you are ready to come back? Does the same shuttle take & pick you up? How close to Lucaya Beach does the shuttle drop you off? We have some people in our group that have bad knees. How many people can a shuttle hold at one time ? LOTS of questions:eek:. Thanks!

No Problem! Yep we paid the $10 up front. I don't remember how they knew we already paid.. sorry!! But we didn't have any problems. Our driver was super nice. I don't even remember the company name.. just that there were signs outside of the cruise ship. It was the same company that picked & dropped us off. They had a meeting place (& a time range to meet) that was easy to find & remember. Our ship was only there until 1:30 so we went back at noon and had plenty of time before it left. It is a longer drive to get there. Probably 15-20 min, but I wasn't really paying attention so I'm not sure of the actual time it took. It's a pretty drive. It was probably a 5ish minute walk, it wasn't bad at all. It was just hard for us to decide where to go b/c we didn't realize the beaches were free. The walk wasn't bad though. We went on a nice path that was just to the left of the hotel. The picture I posted w/ the palm trees shows the walk we took. I think it was a 15 passenger van, there were a lot of people on there! I hope this helps some :) Freeport is gorgeous!

Because of the "Perfect storm" we bypassed Nassau and went to Freeport instead. When I first stepped on the beach; the entrance being behind the Police building, I was approached by a young man wanting to sell me a gram for $80. I happen to be an undercover Cop back in the States, but i played dumb. I balked at the price saying I pay $60 back home. His response,"yea man but that is cut." He offered me a free sample to try it out. I brushed him off, and said I would be back after setting my wife up at the beautiful private beach and pool on the other side of the jetty. If only he had known. We both laughed. My wife says that my looks, attitude, and demeanor gets people's attention. You think?

We were never once bothered when we were at the beach. We were on the chairs when the hotel staff told us we had to buy a wristband to use them.. which makes sense. Other than that we didn't have any problems (& we're in our 20s and probably look gullible).

I was approached by a young man wanting to sell me a gram for $80. I happen to be an undercover Cop back in the States, but i played dumb. I balked at the price saying I pay $60 back home. His response,"yea man but that is cut." He offered me a free sample to try it out.

At least he left you alone... I've had guys like that follow me all around Nassau! :confused:

We were never once bothered when we were at the beach. We were on the chairs when the hotel staff told us we had to buy a wristband to use them.. which makes sense. Other than that we didn't have any problems (& we're in our 20s and probably look gullible).

Do you remember the cost of the wristbands? Thanks.

Archived