Car seats

dgadale

Do car seats fit under the beds on inside rooms on Royal Caribbean? Specifically we are sailing on the Freedom. We have to bring our car seats for our 3 and 5 year olds since we are flying in and staying at a hotel 2 nights before the cruise, I don't think there's any other way to get to our hotel and to the port from our hotel without taking a taxi. (Flying into FLL and staying at the Courtyard at Ft Lauderdale beach.)

Thanks! There isn't any other option to bringing car seats, is there? At least the 5, almost 6 year old, is big and can just use a booster seat, but my 3 year old is only 36lbs and 40 inches, so I think she still needs a regular car seat.

You might want to look into a Ride Safer Travel Vest. It's useful for a lot of things, besides this cruise.

http://safetrafficsystem.com/ver4/?page_id=12

I had our cabin stewart stow our car seat. If you do that, be sure to have it returned the night before you disembark. Mine got separated on arrival (not a big deal but easily avoided).

If you're worried about space, you could look into the Diono Radian, it folds and would fit under a bed. Otherwise I can vouch for inverting one seat on top of the other to reduce the space taken up in a closet; however it was on a NCL ship.

Some car services will provide a car seat if you hire them to transport you. We were able to get our room attendant to store our car seat somewhere once on a Disney cruise and bring it back to us on the last night. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Archived