Walking to cruise terminal Auckland

croosinjulie2

We are thinking of cruising from Auckland in 2014, and I'm reading that the new Queen's Wharf terminal is now open. Has anyone been there yet?

I am thinking of booking the Copthorne hotel on Quay St., and I want to make sure we can walk to either Prince's or Queen's Wharf.

TIA for any help.

We are thinking of cruising from Auckland in 2014, and I'm reading that the new Queen's Wharf terminal is now open. Has anyone been there yet?

I am thinking of booking the Copthorne hotel on Quay St., and I want to make sure we can walk to either Prince's or Queen's Wharf.

TIA for any help.

From the Copthorne on Quay Street you will be able to walk to either.

The new terminal is not built yet . It should be completed at the end of the 2013 cruising season. It will comprise the rebuild of shed 10 .Queens wharf is being used as a cruise ship berth currently, with the Shed acting as a terminal in the meantime.

From the Copthorne on Quay Street you will be able to walk to either.

The new terminal is not built yet . It should be completed at the end of the 2013 cruising season. It will comprise the rebuild of shed 10 .Queens wharf is being used as a cruise ship berth currently, with the Shed acting as a terminal in the meantime.

Perfect! Thank you. We are thinking Spring 2014, so it's going to be a toss-up as to where the ship will be docked. I wanted to make sure we could walk over to either one.

TIA for any help.

Here is view of Auckland Harbour showing Piers and Copthorne hotel in background.

cheers

2089852290_AucklandHarbour2.jpg.3de0bd54dbdcf228f4e96c4e38b02a3b.jpg

TIA for any help.

When we were in Auckland we stayed at the Copthorne, opposite Prince's Wharf. Easy walk to either of the Wharf's, simply cross the road - we were able to sit and watch our ship pull in and dock.

Hotel is ok, a bit worn out, small rooms, but staff were nice. We were there in December 2010.

A big thank you to everyone for the tips and pictures. We aren't fussy about the room as long as it is clean, and we stayed at a Copthorne Hotel in London once. So, the brand is a bit favorable to us, anyway.

It's nice to know both docks are OK to walk to, and I'll check the port schedule to see which one it is.

Now, all I have to do is wait for Spring 2014 to come! :)

Archived