Passport

sandradoo

My husband's passport expires the middle of Feb. 2013 and we have a Feb. 2 cruise on the Fascination. My question: Will he be able to use his passport and then get a renewal when we return. We also have a cruise in December 2012, so really wanted to wait until after our Feb. cruise to renew. Thanks.:confused:

From the Carnival FAQ:

Carnival highly recommends all guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel). Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin & end in the same U.S. port, travelling with a passport enhances your disembarkation experience, as delays may be expected upon your return to the U.S. if you do not have one. Additionally, passports make it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons.

My husband's passport expires the middle of Feb. 2013 and we have a Feb. 2 cruise on the Fascination. My question: Will he be able to use his passport and then get a renewal when we return. We also have a cruise in December 2012, so really wanted to wait until after our Feb. cruise to renew. Thanks.:confused:

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=travel+documentation

U.S. Citizens

Carnival highly recommends all guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel). Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin & end in the same U.S. port, travelling with a passport enhances your disembarkation experience, as delays may be expected upon your return to the U.S. if you do not have one. Additionally, passports make it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons.

Just checked my hubby's Passport myself... it doesn't expire until June 2013!!:D

Just checked my hubby's Passport myself... it doesn't expire until June 2013!!:D

Thats still within the 6 months they recommend ...I'd also take along his certified birth certificate just in case...You would hate to be denied boarding at the pier...Dennis

Archived