2-11pm is there enough time?

seb1104mom

Enough daylight time, to see an hour tour then go to shete boka park n take pics? I've read to plan on being there at least 2 hours at the park but not sure i want sunset to hit me at park, what do you think? Should I pass shete boka?

By the time we get off ship 2:30 n drive to tour, etc , may not have time to see it all. Not into shopping just maybe pick up a souvenir so don't need shopping time which I also hear shops close at 6:00pm:confused:

What would you do?

Ok, your tour is just 1 hour? So that means you can go to Shete Boka around 4-ish? How are you getting there?

If you're going by taxi (or someone who knows the way to get you there right away), I'd say it's doable. You will not need 2 whole hours at Shete Boka.

If you're in the car by 6-6.30 on your way back to town, you're good.

We had the same time frame when we were there in july. We were so worried........but don't be.

We went to Blue Bay Beach when we got off the ship (CCL excursion) and got back to the ship around 6:20pm.

The mall area in Rif Fort Villa to the right of the ship was hopping! Shops were still open and stayed open most of the evening. There was music being played and the Anchor Bar and Restaurant at the top of the Fort was open and welcoming!!

Then we walked across the bridge where many places were open still serving drinks and food with music everywhere.

It was absolutely beautiful everywhere!! We loved Curacao!!! Have fun!!

We had the same time frame when we were there in july. We were so worried........but don't be.

We went to Blue Bay Beach when we got off the ship (CCL excursion) and got back to the ship around 6:20pm.

The mall area in Rif Fort Villa to the right of the ship was hopping! Shops were still open and stayed open most of the evening. There was music being played and the Anchor Bar and Restaurant at the top of the Fort was open and welcoming!!

Then we walked across the bridge where many places were open still serving drinks and food with music everywhere.

It was absolutely beautiful everywhere!! We loved Curacao!!! Have fun!!

Hi,

Was the shopping mall the only place open when you arrived back to the ship? Also was there still sunlight. I'm just wondering if there will be enough light to take pictures of the beautiful colored waterfront, etc.

We were on our way back from Blue Bay around 6:00 so we didn't stop anywhere to see if anything else was open. So away from the port they may close up shop.

Everything, surprisingly, at the Rif Fort Mall was open--even as we finished at the Anchor Bar ( around 8:45pm). All of the jewelry, clothing, t-shirt, and fun shops were open. We didn't go across the bridge till around 9:00ish so I didn't notice if any of those shops were open then. However, the restaurants and bars had plenty of food, drink, music and customers.

I am not sure when it gets dark in Curacao in the winter. We were there on July 18 and it started getting dark a little earlier than what I expected but it was still fine.

However, wait till you see the lights at night.....the entire area is lit up with gorgeous lights that follow the local theme....blues, pinks, purples, yellows!!!!

Our group was really worried about Curacao because everyone painted it as "shutting down" at 6 and luckily we did not find that to be true. The local people were incredibly nice.....it is a really wonderful place to visit!!

Archived