Parking in NOLA

reneeadams

We always park at the port. It's $16 a day but super convenient, parking garage and very secure. Some people park at some of the other garages and get shuttled over. To me, it's not worth the hassle. The NCL Star is also boarding on Sundays so could be busier than usual around the port area.

We also park at the port very convenient. We sail next Sunday on the conquest to and will for sure use the port parking. We had no lines, walking far or shuttles the last time and it was great worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...
Leaving on Conquest next Sunday. We are about 50 minutes from port. We have always been picked up and dropped off at the port. This time we think we just want to park. Need some advice on parking options and cost. Thanks a bunch.

I am also about an hour from the port. We usually drive and park at the port. It may be pricey but parking in the Carnival garage is so easy and worth it.

However, this Sat. I am leaving on the Navigator and RCCL's parking is a pain.

I am thinking about parking at the airport and taking a taxi to the port to avoid the confusion and stress at the Julia Street terminal.

I am also about an hour from the port. We usually drive and park at the port. It may be pricey but parking in the Carnival garage is so easy and worth it.

However, this Sat. I am leaving on the Navigator and RCCL's parking is a pain.

I am thinking about parking at the airport and taking a taxi to the port to avoid the confusion and stress at the Julia Street terminal.

I feel your pain as I don't need the pre-cruise stress either. Will be cruising on NCL Star in 9 days and noticed that the Navigator of the Seas is there also. Both share the Julie Street Terminal which will mean the Whale Lot. Looking at it, via Google Maps, the whale lot does not look big enough to handle two ships. To avoid the hassles, I paid extra to park at the Holiday Inn near the airport. It offers free car parking and shuttle to/from the port.

However, on my other upcoming cruise in April, this hotel shows booked uop maybe due to a French Quarter festival. In April, I will either park at the port or chance Fulton Garage. Luckily the Navigator will have left N.O heading to Europe which should help with parking.

Does anyone know, if the Fulton Garage actually reserves a parking space for you. Are the parking space numbered or they a free for all?

For me all stress will disappear once I get on the boat

I had wanted to get a hotel and park package for my March 3rd departure from Neworleans but there is something going on that weekend and everything is booked. I can drive in that morning as we are only 3 hours away and i am looking to Fulton Street garage rooftop. i am also curious if i pre pay do they guarantee a spot? Also does thre rooftop offer the shuttle over to the port?

I feel your pain as I don't need the pre-cruise stress either. Will be cruising on NCL Star in 9 days and noticed that the Navigator of the Seas is there also. Both share the Julie Street Terminal which will mean the Whale Lot. Looking at it, via Google Maps, the whale lot does not look big enough to handle two ships. To avoid the hassles, I paid extra to park at the Holiday Inn near the airport. It offers free car parking and shuttle to/from the port.

However, on my other upcoming cruise in April, this hotel shows booked uop maybe due to a French Quarter festival. In April, I will either park at the port or chance Fulton Garage. Luckily the Navigator will have left N.O heading to Europe which should help with parking.

Does anyone know, if the Fulton Garage actually reserves a parking space for you. Are the parking space numbered or they a free for all?

For me all stress will disappear once I get on the boat

I have never parked at the Fulton Street garage so I can't answer.

I have cruised the Voyager of the Seas in January and March. There was ample parking in the whale lot and I know NCL was in NO at that time just not the same day. NCL uses the whale lot also.

My concern for tomorrow is there are numerous events in the city and I perceive it to be a traffic nightmare.

Which Holiday Inn are you referring to? I may need to check into that.

I have never parked at the Fulton Street garage so I can't answer.

I have cruised the Voyager of the Seas in January and March. There was ample parking in the whale lot and I know NCL was in NO at that time just not the same day. NCL uses the whale lot also.

My concern for tomorrow is there are numerous events in the city and I perceive it to be a traffic nightmare.

Which Holiday Inn are you referring to? I may need to check into that.

The holiday inn is the town called Metairie which is near the airport. They provide free shuttle to and from the ship, free full breakfast, free parking. This will be first time staying there. It was not cheap at about $190 including tax.

Tony

The holiday inn is the town called Metairie which is near the airport. They provide free shuttle to and from the ship, free full breakfast, free parking. This will be first time staying there. It was not cheap at about $190 including tax.

Tony

Thank you. I am familiar with Metairie. I just couldn't remember there being a Holiday Inn at the airport so that's why I asked. Thanks again!

I am like you, once I am on the cruise it will be fine but I really despise the chaos the usually precedes the cruise.LOL

I called Fulton Street parking. The do garuntee you a spot according to the man on the phone. I reserved a roof top spot and expect to have one for my reserved dates just as I have reserved a place on the cruise and expect it will be available ;) I would think that if the reserved spots and people showed up to find the lot full we would see alot of complaints.

Archived