Wedding dress question

vaclyn

You can carry it on, or you may check it. Highly recommend carrying on the gown. If you stateroom isn't ready when you board, check with guest services or with your room steward to see if they will allow you to stow the dress either in your stateroom, or somewhere else until the room is ready.

If you decide to check, please do not rely on a soft sided garment bag, especially not the kind that bridal shops provide. The porters and onboard crew have thousands of bags to deal with, and they aren't especially careful with the baggage. If you opt to check the dress, make sure it is packed in proper luggage (like you'd use to check with an airline) and use lots of tissue to minimize wrinkles.

• 3 weeks later...

It really depends on when your wedding it. If you are getting married upon embarkation then carry it with you - least that is what I was told. I was told to have everything with me I would need to get ready because there was no guarantee that my luggage would be delivered. If you are getting married later in your cruise, its really up to you - but you are trusting the most important piece of clothing with someone else - so that's your call.

If you're getting married on embarkation day, everything you need for the wedding MUST be with you! I learned this lesson the hard way! Luckily all of my stuff arrived on time but my husband's didn't! Even after the porters assured us we'd have our luggage...we should have known better!

One of my nonsailing guests offered to carry my dress onboard this ship for me! I recommend doing this if you have someone who can be responsible for it! That day embarking all your guests is very hectic! It was nice to know someone else was carrying my dress through the lines (instead of me). Plus, I had a carryon & purse with me too!

• 2 weeks later...

I would carry it on, I contemplated checking it, but by the time i got on the ship, i was able to place it in the closet of my mother's cabin. They were still preparing her room, but the staff accommodated me and let me place it in the closet, so i wouldn't be stuck holding it.:)

Archived