Mayan Ruin & Beach Excursion

emkjay_24

Looks like this might be our excursion of choice while we are in Cozumel in January.. any pros or cons to this excursion? Seems reasonably priced and there are 7 of us, so we like reasonable. :-) Also, if you've done this excursion, while on the beach are there snorkel items available to rent?

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion with Celebrity a year ago-

Ferry ride- we were fine despite the people behind us upchucking for most of the trip over. Rough crossing

Bus ride- longer than I expected

Ruins- Impressive, but I felt we could have used more time there. Long walk from where the busses park to the ruin site. Many busses and many people. Beautiful vistas, but the beach below Tulum was not the beach where we had lunch- it involved another short trip on the bus.

Lunch & Beach- I enjoyed the food- chicken, rice, salad- luckily our bus arrived 1st so we could walk & swim the very nice beach below the restaurant. Don't recall seeing snorkeling equipment for rent, not sure that area was conducive to snorkeling.

Return- Bus ride and ferry back to Cozumel had us arriving back to the Equinox without much time to spare for shopping at the pier. Wasn't much time for souvenir shopping at Tulum either.

Our cruise went to Belize where we took the ship's tour to Xunantunich ruins- less crowds and more access to the temples. We were able to climb to the top, whereas the Tulum ruins are not climbable.

Hope this helps-in retrospect, I would have chosen the Tulum express excursion over the Tulum/beach break.

Archived