"Younger" Solo Cruisers

zactak

Hey everyone!

I am 29 and going on my first solo cruise in April of next year on the Celebrity Eclipse. My parents like to visit places I'm usually not interested in and most of my friends don't have the money to go on vacations like I want, so I've decided to go to Europe alone on a TA. Are there any "younger" solo cruisers out there? What have your experiences been like? I would categorize younger as 18-early 40's. It seems like most solo cruisers are in the 50s or older.

I'm excited for my first solo and transatlantic cruise. I'm planning to stay in Europe another two weeks after we dock.

Hey there , I am in my mid 30's and have done a few cruises solo , I always found people of my own age to socialize with so you will be fine ...on MSC ships they usually seat people travelling alone together for dinner , so plenty opportunity to meet people like yourself ..

I'm 29 and taking my first solo cruise. My friends all have young babies or couldn't afford to go, so I didn't feel like I shouldn't take a vaca bc of them. I'm cruising in march :)

I can relate Tiana! That's why I'm sailing solo on the Breakaway in December! Can't wait. I'll miss out on having my friends there, but all the more reason to branch out and make new ones like yourself and more! :)

The Breakaway is similiar to the Epic which I have been on twice. I can't wait to do the solo cabins out of NYC. Are you doing the studios on the Breakaway? The studio lounge really helps with meeting people and at the very least setting up meal plans with other solos. At 25 going on 26, I was the youngest "truly solo" traveler that I saw. But I still had fun.

I plan on diong the studio on the Breakaway, haven't been on the Epic but sailed the Jewel once like yourself. i was also the only solo traveler at 25 sailing alone then. Sailing the Breakaway in December for my 28th and can't wait! 300 days to go :)

Yes...I'm getting pretty specific as my search continues. I want to head to the Caribbean (Eastern, ideally), RC, and early spring...March/April.

Cost is killing me, so day by day I'm seeing the prices creep up. It's making me nervous!

I just saw this and it was a while since you posted it. Hopefully you're still following the thread. Don't get too discouraged when you see the prices going up. I was considering the trip I am going on now. It was originally $799 for a studio on the EPIC. After the final payment for those that had already booked was due, it went down to $779 and a week later it went down to $749. When I booked I got a great deal at like 55 days before cruising. I booked it at $749, got a coupon book for things on the ship, $25 OBC and discounted excursions through a third party. I didnt end up booking any excursions through the third party, but I'll use everything else!

With that said, my advice to you would be to continue looking at cruise prices for the ones you're considering. When you're comfortable committing to a price, do it!

This is my first semi-solo cruise (still with teens but I know they like to go do their own thing)....but first time without another adult.

I booked a 4 night...figured that was a good way to try it out without it being for too long.

I haven't cruised in a few years, but this will be my first Diamond cruise! At this point, just can't wait for the warm sun!

I am 27 and did my first SOLO cruise this past Oct. In fact, it was B2B 3 day followed by 4 day.

The first two days I was kinda to myself not really knowing how the solo cruising thing works. I was a little shy and quite around people. Then I decided I am going to step outside of the bubble and started talking to everyone on day 3! Well sadly that cruise was over...

But once the new guest got on I had a blast! Yeah people sometimes look at you weird when you tell them you are sailing alone. But guess what you get to do what you want when you want! I met some fun ladies pool side, which made me join the sexy man contest (I won 1st place by the way) I also met some older ladies at a show one night who I ate with the rest of the week.

So I guess my point is...You "can" have a lot of fun if you want.

Will I cruise solo again? Absolutely!!!! :D

Read your review and enjoyed it! Thanks for posting about it! Congratulations on the sexy man contest... Lol.

I am 27 and tackled my first solo experience on the Norwegian Jewel at 25 for a week. The first 3 days were a little lonely as I tried to strike up conversations with fellow cruisers and they all wondered what someone "so young" was doing on a cruise ship by herself. Its true that most, well all of my friends can't afford to take a cruise, let alone find vacation time to go for a full week but it was my bday and I wanted to splurge!

I've got my 2nd solo cruised for my 28th bday in December on the Norwegian Breakaway and can't wait to enjoy the solo lounge! I had a balcony on the jewel but it was impossible to know who else on board was sailing solo. :( Hopefully I'll have more luck this time around meeting some folks at least in their 30s.

I hear ya! I'm going by myself because my friends can't afford it and a lot of people don't have the time to go. I love doing my own thing.

You'll definitely have to let us know how the Breakaway is. If I enjoy my epic cruise, I plan to book my next solo cruise on the Breakaway. I may book it while on the EPIC to get the OBC.

Hey there , I am in my mid 30's and have done a few cruises solo , I always found people of my own age to socialize with so you will be fine ...on MSC ships they usually seat people travelling alone together for dinner , so plenty opportunity to meet people like yourself ..

I ended up choosing the EPIC because of a time frame and price range. How have your experiences been on the MSC. from what I've read, they're more of an upscale ship compared to RCI, Norwegian and Carnival

This is my first semi-solo cruise (still with teens but I know they like to go do their own thing)....but first time without another adult.

I booked a 4 night...figured that was a good way to try it out without it being for too long.

I haven't cruised in a few years, but this will be my first Diamond cruise! At this point, just can't wait for the warm sun!

I feel ya in the warm sun! I see you're from NY. Did you get hit by Blizzard Nemo? (Only said Nemo because I find it funny)

Archived