COLD temps in Danube ports..is river frozen ?

remydiva

Per Remydiva: I wish CC had a way of email alerts for updates as I dint often come back here once the cruise is over!

You can subscribe to this thread and get instant email alerts when there are new posts. Go to the post you are interested in, then in the blue solid banner at the top, on the right hand side you will find "Thread Tools". Open that and follow the prompts. One is "Subscribe to this thread". Open that and then decide what type of notification you want. Be sure to save it. You will remain subscribed until you unsubscribe.

Will do....never knew that so muchly appreciated....DONE!

• 1 month later...

I have been unsuccessful in getting Viking to combine the cruise credits for my family. I did a formal request by letter and never received a reply. That lack of customer service has definately convinced me not to take another Viking cruise.

I have been unsuccessful in getting Viking to combine the cruise credits for my family. I did a formal request by letter and never received a reply. That lack of customer service has definately convinced me not to take another Viking cruise.

Earlier you wrote:

"We have been sent an email telling us Viking is going to give us a $500 credit per person on a future cruise."

So if you travelled as a family of four, wouldn't you get $500 x 4=$2000 credit?

My husband and i got a $500 each coupon for a $1000 discount off the price of the cabin.

However any cruise I might be interested in this year ( i must use it or lose it by end of year) is sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

We wanted to be able to have our children's credits transferred to us- they are in their twenties and not going to be taking a trip like this for a long time. We paid for their tickets. After posting here, I got a call from Viking and they are letting us combine the credits. Also, we have to book withing a year of the cruise, not take the cruise- which gives us more time. So, thanks cruise critic- hopefully,we will be able to book another cruise and stay on the water this time!

Good for you Marion10- for being persistent and good for Viking for stepping up to the plate and doing what was fair and right by you.

Maybe my " cruise within the year" means same as yours.." Book within a year".. Hope so as everything im interested in is sold out for this year.

Glad I had an update on this thread. Only a few days ago I tried posting a review on CC, but something went weird with java or something, so nothing has happened. I did however post my over-lengthy review on the UK forum.

As I state in my review (which I am happy to repost here in full), we received $500 per person (EVERY person) and 50% off a new cruise had to book before 2015, even the ones that apparently scored the trip 9/10, they must have been astounded at getting all that when they were "very happy"!! We still have no answers to many issues that occurred, and that is not good as they were quite specific queries, maybe there they just don't have any answers.

My review is the "Just unbelievably awful" title, I don't know the other people, but they obviously feel the same. There was another APT/AMA boat next to us, but not any reviews for that stranding did I find, nor any others of our trip.

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/apt-river-cruises/amaverde/

Let me know if you want the entire review posted on this thread.

• 2 months later...
We were able to book Portraits of Southern France for April 2014. Used the combined vouchers and our past guest travel credit. Booking handled very smoothly.

That was one I was interested in too altho I've been to the South of France a couple of times, never by river.

However, since I started this thread way back in Dec 2012, the dreaded June 2013 super flood happened as you are aware. Viking seemed to fall short in the customer service department when compared to the other companies.

I am a tad reluctant to slap down more air fare money to use my 'coupon'. I still have time to be woo'd by Viking's 'sales' to convince me otherwise.

Archived