Royal Caribbean Kids Club Prizes

dawnrae

I thought I saw somewhere that kids participating in Royal Caribbean Kids Clubs can earn points for participation that they can later redeem for prizes. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? What type of prizes can the kid's receive?

Thanks

Dawnrae

My kids have "won" every prize RCCL gives out. Basically it works like this. When your kids go to the kid's program, theyplay gaes and give out prizes. You get points for winning games. The prizes that they give are all RCCL logo merchandise, like their kid's backpack, lanyards, visors, t-shirts, passport purses, hip totes, etc. It's not prizes like ipods, bicycles, and game boys! but, the kids still have fun and LOVE the kid's program. Oh, I should also mention that if they win the GaGa Ball tournament, they might win a medal. We have several of them!!! Its always a "must do" game!!

Thanks. I will have 7 grandkids with me on a short SOS cruise. We have done Carnival previously and the 11 year old sometimes does not want to participate. He will be at the top end of his age group and sometimes finds the activites "too baby". But he seemed to really perk up with the possibility of winning some prizes for participating. I thought they would be like the ones you mentioned and I think he will still think they are worth trying to win. We will see. His last Carnival cruise had mostly girls in his age group so that was "yucky". Hmm, seems his 16 year old brother doesn't seem to find a problem with that. RCI will be a new venture for us and I want the kids to have a great time. Thanks for the response.

dawnrae

• 2 weeks later...

Hay, Thanks for the info. We will be on the SOS for New Years w/ our children and 9 other cousins. ranging in age from 20 to the youngest being 6. My two 9 and 8 are looking forward to the kids program.

B

My daughter was 10 when we cruised on the Mariner in Oct. The boys in that age group were hugely competitive about earning lots of tickets. They get a ticket both for winning games but also each time they show up for an activity. RCCL's kids program for that age group was very sports and game oriented. It seemed very age appropriate (not to kiddish) and again lots of boys were participating. There is also usually a talent show for the kids at which they earn a medal for participating. Lots of boys got up and told jokes (there is nothing like boy humor) and a couple even played the piano. You can tell who has cruised before because they come with their piano music or CD's and act already planned. Have a great time cruising. Oh, and if there are family games and you win, you either get prizes (ie, t-shirts, visors) or even more tickets. Have fun!

Archived