Best cruise in years!!! The Fantasy.

mom x4,grandma x4

I enjoyed your review! I have not had the chance to sail on the Fantasy, but have been on a couple of Dream sailings. I was also told that I could not ride the Aquaduck as a single rider one time. We were leaving Castaway Cay and I was told it was too windy. I thought it was pretty funny considering I probably weighed 3x the amount of the 2 kids in front of me! I went back to my cabin and called Guest Services about 30 minutes later. I asked them if the Aquaduck was still on restrictions with single riders. They put me on hold and then said they did not have any reports of restrictions at this time. I raced up to the Aquaduck and was able to ride a couple of times before getting ready for dinner. I don't see how a single rider who weighs 175lbs cannot ride...while 2 kids who weigh a total of 100lbs is safer? My legs hanging over into the front seat of the tube probably weigh more than the little kid who would be sitting there!

I am glad it wasn't just us .

My husband is the same weight a you and it sure didnt make sense to us either about the wind. The day my husband rode it was one of tew windest days we had on board.

If they are going to have restrictions it should be in the Navigator and on their web site so people know ahead of time. They have the height restrictions listed, so why not single riders restrictions?

I am going to write and suggest that to DCL, not because I am upset but because it would save a lot of confusion for people. Perhaps they could hang a red flag by the stairs when no single riders are allowed and green when it's ok. Then people will know when they can ride.

Wow, I loved your photo diary of your trip! We're on the Fantasy in 44 days (woohoo!) so this is helping me get more excited!

We're on the 1/26/13 too! I loved this trip report, especially all the pictures that weren't totally stuffed with people. I've been so worried that the Fantasy would feel too crowded after the Magic and Wonder.

We're on the 1/26/13 too! I loved this trip report, especially all the pictures that weren't totally stuffed with people. I've been so worried that the Fantasy would feel too crowded after the Magic and Wonder.

I was worried about feeling too crowded too but it was only crowded by the family and Mickey pools. But no more than on the original ship. We arrived at the shows 10 minutes prior to showtime and had no problem getting a place to sit.

The only show in the club that was packed out, so arrive 20 minutes early was John Charles. He always has standing room only on all the ships.

We walked down empty halls all the time and we walked right into any of the events right at the start time and got a seat with no problem.

The way Castaway Cay is now there was always plenty of beach room to swim or snorkel. Bike path wasnt crowded either.

The food court on deck 11 never had really long lines either. They were fast at getting the food out and always plenty of places to sit.

It was a fantastic cruise. Glad to see your going to try it.

The Aquaduck was only lined up the first day but after that it was about a 10 minutes wait, especially if you ride it close to dinner time when people are dressing for dinner and the show. Pretty much just walk right on.

I loved your review. You made me feel like I was there right along with you. Your photos were just amazing. I would love to go on the Fantasy. Your pictures show just how beautiful she is.

My husband and I took my in-laws on a recent cruise on the Dream and I totally agree with you about the lip of the bathtub/shower. My MIL had a really hard time getting in and out of that tub. My FIL had to help her each time as it was quite tough for her to raise her leg that high. Oh, and I sooo agree with the windiness of deck 12. Mom and I had on dresses too when we went up for the pirate party and it was hilarious how much our dress bottoms were blowing all over the place. I kept having flashes of Marilyn Monroe with her famous photo of her dress blowing up. Except mom and I didn't look anything like Marilyn!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review! We are taking our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy six months from today! As I read the review and my girls looked at the pictures they were throwing so many questions at me! I told them I did not know but would ask and see if you can!

First, where did you get the Mickey hand? My 6 year old squealed when she saw that! Second, do they have turkey bacon on Disney cruises? And lastly, where the eyes of the towel animal trading pins?

Thank you so much for your review! We are taking our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy six months from today! As I read the review and my girls looked at the pictures they were throwing so many questions at me! I told them I did not know but would ask and see if you can!

First, where did you get the Mickey hand? My 6 year old squealed when she saw that! Second, do they have turkey bacon on Disney cruises? And lastly, where the eyes of the towel animal trading pins?

I got my Mickey hand in one of the Disney theme parks a few years ago. They come in a pair. I use them every cruise not only to wave along the channel but as we leave castaway Cay the crew who live there wave goodbye with their Mickey hands and i wave back.

They still sell them in all 4 theme parks and I think they are now around $17.00 per pair and they are styled a bit different on the back.

Disney has an on line store that sells items you find in the theme parks, maybe they will have them.

I don't have the web site but I'm sure you can google it. Just be specific that its for things you buy in the theme parks because they also have a site for things you dont buy in the parks.

I do not remember seeing them for sale on the ship. But I wasnt looking for them either. The ships stores are closed until you're out to sea so that wouldnt do you any good for waving as you leave port.

Turkey bacon I dont remember seeing, but they do accomodate many different diets on board so they may have it. Your dining room manager would know for sure. I would ask the first day. Many speciality foods they dont put out for everyone, its special request only.

The eyes were square chocolates that they leave in your room each evening. Accept for Pirate night when they have round gold coins for eyes.

If you like these chocolates just ask your room host for a few extra and they will give you extra. We asked for extra on pirate night and he gave us a big handful and offered more. Just remember that extra service when you tip!!

Hope that answers your questions. If I see the sight for on line sales I will post it.

Kathy

Archived