Your first cruise... year and ship...

cruzn buckeye

November 17 1988 on the Mardi Gras for our honeymoon, four days to Nassau Bahamas. We had a great time on the cruise and hope to have another great time in November.

We just booked our 25 year wedding anniversary cruise on the Paradise from Tampa to the Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman and Cozumel Mexico.

Salud!

First cruise was the Conquest in 2004. It was our honeymoon and a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel and suppose to be Cayman Islands..but this was just after a big hurricane and we missed the last port.

We still had a blast and it started our obsession! I just wish we could cruise more, but after our kids get older we will. :)

My first cruise was on the Carnival Fantasy in 1991... it was a four day to the Bahamas. I remember wondering if I would be too seasick or if I would be able to handle being at sea for such a long time... it was exciting.. yet scarey before I boarded. She was a beautiful ship. And is still a very nice ship. I loved the back area where you could go outside with your breakfast and sit and enjoy the ocean. I liked it better then when the slides actually went into the pool... instead of the way they do now. One thing I really liked better about this ship back then was... it actually had 3 pools. The Lido deck pool, the Kiddie pool, and then on the aft , where they now have waterworks, was a nice area with a pool and hot tub. I understand how families love the waterworks... but for me personally, I really liked having that extra pool on that class of ship... Yep, this is the ship that got me addicted to cruising:D

The way you describe the ship is wonderful. Fantasy out of NOLA in 2007. Just as you described it only 16 years later. Went to Costa Miya, (sp?) and Cozumel. As someone who cruises with family, I loved the addition of the waterworks for our next cruise on her in 2009. I really miss the Fantasy and want her back in NOLA.

Our first cruise was in Feb 2003 for our 15th wedding anniversary. We sailed on Carnival Elation to the Mexican Riviera, which back then stopped in Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo. It wasn't the greatest trip, but mostly because of very poor planning on our part. We didn't even know what "shore excursions" were before we boarded and we hadn't done any research on any of the ports lol I also packed all warm weather clothes and it was warm in port, but it was freezing while we were at sea. I also ended up sea sick the first couple of days lol It was a great learning lesson though. We learned what we should do and what we shouldn't do

Archived