Pre-booking Galveston parking?

ferretface

We are new to Texas, but not to cruising. Galveston is now our nearest port so we continuously cruise from there, making the five hour drive from Dallas. Our first time we made a huge mistake: EZ Cruise Parking. They use old, small school buses with no ac that are falling apart. In addition to the size of the buses being not so user friendly (especially with luggage) they don't have enough. Debarking we waited 30 minutes in a mass mob of people fighting to get on their 'shuttles'. Standing there waiting is when we saw two very nice large shuttles with no line. Lighthouse Parking.

We used them next time. Covered parking spots, unlike EZ Cruise. We were on a shuttle to the port (which is so close you could walk if you wished). They dropped us off closer to the door than EZ Cruise had. The driver was very nice too. When we debarked we walked right on to a shuttle, no wait, and were back at our car in no time.

So organized. Better shuttles. Better location. We will use them every time, never EZ cruise or anyone else again.

I had a similar experience with ez cruise my first time cruising back in 2008 and then switched to Lighthouse. Last year however I accidentally (long story) booked ez cruise again. They were using 15 passenger vans instead of the busses and there wasn't a wait this time at debarkation. Now, I still think Lighthouse is better overall, but if you are booking 2 or 3 vehicles ez cruise is 5-10 bucks cheaper depending on whether you have a promo code. Just food for thought.

• 4 weeks later...

We use galveston parkncruise and no worries with shuttles, just walk across the street. We drop our luggage off to the porters and then drive across the street to the lot. Once we get back, we roll our luggage back across the street, jump in the truck and take off. Easy, breezey!!

Archived