Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

kimwilly

Any advice on the most economical way of getting from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral? Do you suggest a rental car, shuttle or bus? We are planning on getting into Orlando the day before our cruise and prefer to stay near the port. So in addition, any suggestions on hotels would be appreciated.

I asked this same question a couple of months ago as this will be the 1st east coast cruise for us, and the best advice I received was to book a one-way rental with Budget car rental. We got our car for $28.00 (with tax) for this July. Now, I haven't done this yet and am only going by all the great information I got, but it does sound like the cheapest way to go. According to the information I got, the Budget rental location in Port Canaveral is just a short distance from the pier and they will offer you a free shuttle to the pier. Good luck... oh, we also booked for our return too...

Rayefan:

Oh that sounds great! When you return in July, please let us know how this works out. We also are doing the eastern trip on the Glory. Is that the ship you will be on?

Yes, we are sailing on the Glory's July 9th cruise. I am so excited as we have cruised the west coast three times in the past two years. Oh, and I am not saying the west coast is not good 'cuz I have loved every minute of each cruise. I am so ready for something new. We are assigned to cabin #8461 which is a balcony and on my 3 prior cruises we have had an inside cabin.

I will be sure to post after our return... however, someone else might beat us at posting as we are staying a few days longer after we return.

we are a large group. We called Mears and got our own shuttle for $40pp and we go on our time. We land at 915am. We wont have to wait till 10:30 for Carnival first shuttle to leave. Plus we can stop and get some bottled water to take aboard

We also are renting a car when we cruise in July. The car is cheaper per person, plus if you are flying in the day before, you can use the car to go pick up any last minute things needed for the cruise, go to dinner, sight seeing, etc.

We sailed on the Glory 4/9 and rented a car from Budget in Orlando. The drive to the Cocoa Beach area is very easy and enjoyable as well. We didn't stay in the Cocoa Beach area but did drive there the morning of our cruise. The cost was about the same once we filled our car as it would have been taking the shuttle. There is a Budget location right on A1A and we only waited a minute or two before a shuttle bus took us right to our ship. It was painless and I was very impressed with Budget's service. The driver was friendly and very helpful and also asked if we needed a pick up for the day of our return. We used the Mears shuttle for the return back to the airport and were pleased with that as well. If I were to go again, I would assuredly rent a car and stay in the Cocoa Beach area. In that we flew home the last day of our cruise, the Mears bus worked out great.

What is the distance from the airport to port? We are flying in the day before but I just thought we would have a shuttle to the airport and a cab to the pier the next day. It sounds like it must be farther than I am thinking.

What is the distance from the airport to port? We are flying in the day before but I just thought we would have a shuttle to the airport and a cab to the pier the next day. It sounds like it must be farther than I am thinking.

MCO to Port Canaveral is about a 45-60 minute drive.

We are renting a car for our cruise in July. We rented from Budget as well. We wanted an SUV (four women = lots of luggage). I didn't want to chance an upgrade or lack thereof so we paid full price which was about $45 ($11.25 pp) so we didn't make out too bad. We will be taking a shuttle back for the convenience, we are booked with Arts Shuttle, which was $70 for 4 people, so for roundtrip transporation we came out paying less than $30 each. Not too bad, considering the price of the Radisson :eek: , lol...I hope its nice, if so then it will be worth the splurge.

We stayed at the Radison in Port Canaveral. We rented a car at the airport from ??? and returned it to the Radison. They have a car rental on property, I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of the rental agangy. Anyway, you coulc call the hotel and I'm sure they could tell you. Anyway, the hotel provided free transpostation to and from the port. It worked very well for us and we would do it again in a minute. I am going to try and attach the link the the Radison at the Port. It was a very nice and clean hotel. Enjoy your trip.

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

We have taken several cruises out of Port Canaveral. We always use Tiffiney Town Car and stay at the Raddison which is next to the pier.The Raddison provides free transportation to the pier.And Tiffiney will be waiting on your the morning you disembark.It's so easy. www.tiffineytowncar.com The Raddison has a great pool and outdoor bar plus great breakfast buffet. There is also a McDonalds across the street.

Avis and Budget is very close to the pier. We always rent a car. Budget I found to be a little cheaper online. Very easy to rent and drop off there. Budget will take u to the pier and have vans waiting to take u back if u want to rent going back as well.

Archived