Sail Pass Question

Radioguyaz

I asked this same question on the Alaska board but realized that it would be a better question for the RCCL board.

I recieved an email today saying that our Set Sail pass was ready for our cruise in May. I went to the website, printed the passes. 3 pages for each of us. On the very back page which has the "luggage tag", it says in big letters "This is not a real luggage tag".

My question is.. Will I be getting more cruise documents in the future or do I use those luggage tags?

I asked this same question on the Alaska board but realized that it would be a better question for the RCCL board.

I recieved an email today saying that our Set Sail pass was ready for our cruise in May. I went to the website, printed the passes. 3 pages for each of us. On the very back page which has the "luggage tag", it says in big letters "This is not a real luggage tag".

My question is.. Will I be getting more cruise documents in the future or do I use those luggage tags?

Closer to your sail date your cruise ticket booklet will become available online for you to view and or print. Towards the end of the booklet is a luggage tag page. You can print this page for as many tags as you need. To find the cruise ticket booklet, click on the cruise documentation tab once you are logged into the cruise countdown page.

The luggage tag on your set sail pass is for the porter to fill out a tag for you if you need one at the port. You can either print your own or have the porter fill them out. That tag on your set sail pass gives them the info they need to fill out actual luggage tags for you.

I too thought that it was the image of the luggage tag on the SetSail pass that would have to be copied and used for our actual tags. It wasn't until I checked out some Cruise Critic threads on the subject of the new printable tags (and there are many!) that I discovered the facts. It makes sense that they would be in the eDoc (which arrives ~ 49 days before setsail date). Print them in colour - I believe that they're colour coded to help the ship employees determine what part of the ship to go to. Is this right?!

There are photos of them floating around in the Royal Caribbean forum.:)

I used to print mine and take them to one of the store (Staples/OfficeMax) and get them laminated witha "tail" (a bit extra) then use clear packing tape to secure them to my handles. Works very good. Amazon has some great new luggage tag holders that these new printable tags fit into. I am giving them as gifts to several friends & family members for a holiday gift.

Archived