Splendida question

vanessa5076

Hi all

Just wondering if the Splendida have tea / coffee facilities in your room? Also, are there any washing machines or irons etc available?

I've been on her twice, Nov 2010 and Feb 2012, in a grade 12 cabin and there were no coffee tea making facilities in the cabins . There is however a 24 hr self service facility at the entrance to the buffet on the pool deck.

In addition I'm sorry to say there were no washing machines or irons available. However members of the MSC Club do have 20% ( Classic or Silver memberhip) or 30% ( Gold or Black membership) discount off the laundry service.

There are also frequenly offers on laundry services e.g. On Divina recently it cost €20 for upto 30 items,which may be sent in smaller batches until 30 items is reached, with a guaranteed 24 hr turn around. in fact ours was picked up just before 10:00 and returned by 17:00 the same day on all three batches we sent.

Pete

That's great. Thanks for the info. What did you think of the ship Pete? This is our third cruise, but the first with MSC

I tend to think of the cruise itself and the ship is part of the whole experience. Splendida along with Davina are both fantastic ships, although they are huge and my wife was forever getting lost. As with all the MSC ships I've been on she is kept immaculate and the cabin staff keep the cabins spotless.

Bear in mind that that I have completed 8 cruises with MSC and like them as a cruise line, in particular I like the Italian influence and don't have issues with English being a minority language amongst passengers or that fact that the cuisine is Italian. The food I find is of a good to very good standard (It is one area that could be improved), Entertainment I deal with in the reviews.

Probably the best way to give you my impressions is to give you links to my reviews.

So here goes

Splendida Oct 2010

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=670

Splendida Feb 2012 (the review contains a lot of pictures)

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331

Divina Oct 2012 ( life in the Yacht Club)

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4472

Here is a link to some photos of the Feb 2012 cruise on Splendida that can be viewed as a slide show.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=161&pid=3733#top_display_media

Hope these are of interest and helpful to you in getting a feel for what life is like on one of the large, Fantasia Class, MSC ships.

Pete

Thank you so much for the reply and the links. I can't wait to read them.

If you have any other specific questions I have all the paperwork from the 3 cruises and can probably find an answer for you and/or scan the info and post a link to the scans or place it on this forum for you.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pete

Just another question, what are the speciality restaurants like? It will be our first wedding anniversary when one oars so want to eat somewhere special for it.

Happy Christmas

There was really only one speciality resataurant on Splendida when we were on her and that was the TEXMEX.

We ate in there once, my wife is not a big fan of spicy food or for that matter she's not mad keen on beef, and it was pleasant enough.We ate very early and were the only clients so it did lack a bit of atmosphere.

but having said that it was certainly more popular later on and I have seen some reviews that said it was the best dining on the ship.

The other "speciality" dining is the sports bar which has a lot of bread based pub-stlye meals, not really special.

Here are some items from the menu (sold under national identities)

Italian flat bread with parma ham and mozzarella,

Italian Gragnano bread filed with sausage, mushrooms and cheese

British Fish and Chips

British Prawn Curry

French Baguette with ham, cheese egge and salad

French round bread with tomato tuna and egg

USA Buffalo chicken wings

USA 3 mini hamburgers

there are also Spanish, German, Turkish and Chinese offerings

The other restaurant, you may have seen on the deck plans, is d'Olivo which is Yacht Club Only.

If you let the Maitre'D or the hotel Dirctor or his Food and Beverage manager that you are celebrating your wedding anniversary they may sort a small token offering,(Maybe a small cake and perhaps some waiters singing an incomprehensible song, they usually will make the effort but it's not guaranteed) but if it was me I won't go for any package that they offer.

I would consider talking to the photgrapher and maybe getting some photos done (but that may be pricey). We've had, and bought, some great photos from sessions we have booked; not the general photos on gala nights. we also had some terrible photos done. you are not compelled to buy them.

if you are in The Yacht Club then the dining staff there will make a fuss, provided you tell them or ask the conciege to tell them

Hope this answers the question and isn't too disappointing, But MSC aren't ,at the moment , big on speciality dining

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response.

We will try the tex mex but maybe not on the anniversary.

I don't suppose you know if the ship has an emergency contact number? Unfortunately both my mum and my sister are I hospital and although both my husband and I have mobiles I would like another contact just in case we don't have a signal.

Thanks for the response.

I don't suppose you know if the ship has an emergency contact number? Unfortunately both my mum and my sister are I hospital and although both my husband and I have mobiles I would like another contact just in case we don't have a signal.

There will be contact numbers for the ship listed on your final documentation (e-tickets)

Thanks for the response.

From my ticket booklet ( feb 2012)

IMG-4_zps7bdf2ed1.jpg

From the web today

splendidaphone_zps4f9ed4e6.jpg

Hope this is what you want

Pete

Archived