SUMMIT 1-28-05 CANCELED????????

JUST CRUZIN

Well it seems as though there is an unschedualed dry dock and knowone seems to know why. My T/A cant get any info from X as of today and she had no clue there was any problems. She said she spoke to 3 people too. Nothing like booking a year in advance for a specific week. Any info anyone has would be a help.

7 Days on The New Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

10 DAYS ABOARD CELEBRITY'S SUMMIT

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2005;01;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I also had a cruise I had scheduled in advanced cancelled. Mine was due to someone booking the entire ship and bumping us off. We made numerouse calls to Celebrity and they kept telling us there was no problem until they called our TA and informed her. Appears the attitude is that it isn't a big deal to change a ship or person's schedule when done months ahead of time. I wonder if Celebrity would like us all to wait until the last minute to book cruises, maybe their attitute would change then.

Good luck to you.

This cruise was cancelled so far in advance I would surprised if they gave you any compensation except obviously return your deposit - and, maybe an onboard credit. What do you think you are entitled to? What is the norm?

You have plenty of time to rebook for January.

In our case, we put a deposit of $1800 down on a B2B, Summit. X has had the use of our money since 2-04, and I think that as a matter of fairness, they should at least give a shipboard credit, and price protection in rebooking.

When we booked on board, price was a consideration in booking a B2B, now the price has gone up. Should I have to pay the inflated price of more $$$?

Grace

I don't know if I would call it "unscheduled." I just got off the Summit on April 26, 2004 and the staff knew that they would be going into dry dock in January 05.

Carnival Holiday "Mexico" 1996

Carnival Imagination "Bahamas" 1998

Carnival Imagination "Western Caribbean" 1998

Carnival Triumph "Western Caribbean" 1999

Carnival Triumph "Eastern Caribbean" 1999

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas "Circle the Caribbean" 2001

Norwegian Sky "Deep Southern" 2002

Norwegian Sky "Exotic Southern" 2002

Celebrity Summit Western 2004

Celebrity Summit Southern 2004

Summit 11 day

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;4;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

BTW, as I was told it was for normal maintenance and the ship will be re-painted to the new colors.

Carnival Holiday "Mexico" 1996

Carnival Imagination "Bahamas" 1998

Carnival Imagination "Western Caribbean" 1998

Carnival Triumph "Western Caribbean" 1999

Carnival Triumph "Eastern Caribbean" 1999

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas "Circle the Caribbean" 2001

Norwegian Sky "Deep Southern" 2002

Norwegian Sky "Exotic Southern" 2002

Celebrity Summit Western 2004

Celebrity Summit Southern 2004

Summit 11 day

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;4;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I disagree with the idea that no comp is acceptable. These people planned a vacation around dates that Celebrity advertised as accurate. If that turns out to be false and they made plans accordingly Celebrity (IMHO) is responsible in righting their wrong. Let me tell you my situation so you know why I feel so strongly about this. I am planning my wedding in the keys on March 28, 2005. I have 30+ people flying in from all over the country to be there and have planned our honyemoon 4/1/05. It now looks like it is possible for this sailing to be cancelled. If they do this it will disrupt EVERYTHING as all our plans were made around the schedule that Celebrity posted.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Here is the latest info re "cancelled cruise":

One person on the 1-28 thread said that her TA called and said the cruise is NOT cancelled, and will sail on the 1-28 voyage.

My TA has been on the phone with X all morning, one rep at X told her it was cancelled. Another said it is on "hold", and a decision would be made shortly.

I figure that if X has made a statement that the cruise is cancelled (to a TA) that should be taken as true information. I feel sorry for the TA's, what can they believe?

And, what do they advise and tell their clients?

X office needs better communication.

I am waiting now for my TA to call with more info.

Grace

BB5953 - believe me I am not defending Celebrity and I certainly am not looking to get into an argument. But, no matter what the posted intinerary is, Celebrity reserves the right to change schedules, ships, ports, and intineraries without prior notice. I sincerely hope your cruise is not canceled, but if it is, you still have time to book another one (maybe on Princess, or other cruise line) going at the same time so your guests will not have to change their vacations.

Celebrity could be better at customer relations and I have no idea why you are getting so many different answers, except that maybe they (customer reps) don't know what is going on yet.

Obviously, your TA's will know as soon as a decision has been made.

Just Cruzin, Compensation began with $100 pp cabin credit (which would have been $300 since our 19 year old is traveling with us)and cabin credit for the penalty charged by the airline for the change. It then became $200 cabin credit plus airline charges. And later in the day, credit for the airline charge only and price guarantee for the same cabin on either of the next two Constellation sailings. Just as it is difficult to get a straight answer regarding a sailing being a go, compensation is also not definite.

Has Celebrity suggested moving you and your wedding party to RCL?

Best of luck to you and best wishes on your upcoming wedding. My mother used to say that one thing must go wrong with wedding plans and all else will be wonderful. I'd say it's going to be a perfect wedding!

It is not all normal main't. It still has a dented hull from the rock in Alaska last summer.

05/16/04 Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;05;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-050012/4/04 Constellation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;12;04;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Britannis

Dreamwood

Century 3xs

Galaxy

Infinity

Granduer of the Seas

Millennium 2xs

Monarch of the Seas

Grand Princess

Adventure of the Seas

Constellation

I just got off the Celebrity two days ago. I was lucky enough to have dinner with the Chief Engineer. He said they were going into drydock to fix the hull, from the rock incident in Alaska, and to do hull painitng, stream clean all the carpeting and other assorted maint. issues. Nothing drastic, except for the hull repair, just clean up, fix up, paint up.

JAN 02&03 THE NORWEGIAN SKY

Jun 03 THE GRAND PRINCESS

Sept 03 THE CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

Jan 04 THE ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;30;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 UNTIL CELEBRITY SUMMIT

Moose: did the Chief Engineer mention the dates that the ship will be in dry dock? I am assuming that since your answer is here on this thread that the dry dock will occur in January, and that the Feb. cruises will happen? (like the Feb.07 cruise).

Thanks for your info.

Grace

Hi Grace,

Certainly looks as if X is giving us a run-around. They're quick to take the money but not so quick to give us the facts. Would like an answer soon so I can still get on the Feb. 27 cruise from Chile to FLL thru the canal. I hope Monday brings real answers. This whole thing is a perfect example of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Happy Mothers Day

Marsha

If I remember correctly it was only for one or two cruises, so I would think that Feb will be OK. I will ask my friends if they heard differently. I believe he said about 14 days.

JAN 02&03 THE NORWEGIAN SKY

Jun 03 THE GRAND PRINCESS

Sept 03 THE CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

Jan 04 THE ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;30;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 UNTIL CELEBRITY SUMMIT

Originally posted by born2cruize:

I don't know if I would call it "unscheduled." I just got off the Summit on April 26, 2004 and the staff knew that they would be going into dry dock in January 05.

Nope - you have the wrong date - it goes into drydock on January 16 - the day we disembark. Our Jan. 7 cruise was originally scheduled for 10 nites; it disappeared from the schedule last fall and came back a few weeks later as a 9-night cruise. You can see this on the fleet calendar on Celebrity's website.

We have (had?) a family (8) trip on the 1-28-05 Summit. We made our reservations a year in advance.

While I understand that ships must be occasionally drydocked, it is the irritation caused by the inability of Celebrity to give a straight answer that has us upset. We have gotten several different answers from customer service, and our TA can't find out anything.

If this drydock was scheduled weeks ago (at least the crew seemed to know about it), why didn't Celebrity release the information so anyone booked on this cruise could make other arrangements?

If this is scheduled maintenance, it seems that the fall would be a better time since the ships are generating a lower income due to lower rates and lower occupancies.

Why can't Celebrity just tell us what is going on, or are they so inept that they can't handle something like this?

We have been loyal Celebrity cruisers. This would have been my brother's 8th Celebrity cruise, my sister's 7th, and my 6th.

Celebrity is generating a lot of bad will with its handling of situations like this.

Do other lines have the sort of problems Celebrity seems to be having with thrusters and other maintenance items that require the cancellation of curises?

My thoughts exactly, Dutrie. The lack of honesty is my biggest issue. I think that Celebrity is not telling it's passengers that the cruise was cancelled is because it wants us to just cancel the cruise ourselves. This way they do not have to offer any compensation.

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

1/28/04 Summit again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dutrie, welcome to my world. Same thing occured with my Constellation cruise. My suggestion, be prepared with a back-up cruise and do not count on any compensation from Celebrity. Check the thread "Integrity" to read other's comments on Celebrity's inability to keep customer's notified of changes.

Good luck to you!

I was the OP of the "integrity" thread. I will bump it up for you ASAP. I posted in response to X giving me and my family 6 different answers within 4 days as to why my cruise has disappeared. The longer X drags this out the more customers they are losing. While I like X very much I have visted some other sites and read through this one and I think I might be making a switch to Princess or RCCL. I asked if others on those boards if they had experienced such dishonesty from other lines as I received and overwhelming answer of NO! All cruise lines will cancel from time to time and ships will have maintenance issues but a cruise line should not lie to it's customers and that is what X is doing. If this was the first few days a cruise went off line I would say the reps just didn't know but it has been over a week and my TA and I are still receving thr run around from them -- At this point (in my opinion of course) no matter what the outcome is, X is lying to us.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

BB5953, RCL and Celebrity are the same company. RCL seems much better though, go figure. I too am very upset with what is happening and feel that some form of an "official" response is due.

I feel that an official response for everyone involved is over due. It has nothing to due with compensation, at least for me. It is the principal of the matter

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

Archived