Help with Mini Suites 11606 and 11608

canuckgal33

I found this old post in search about noise in 11606 on the Gem (same location on Pearl). ITA it would make me worry with a light sleeper ;)

Yes that space is indeed the kitchen for the buffet & the italian restaurant and I strongly advise you not stay under there. On our Gem cruise we were in minisuite 11606 and the noise early in the morning and also in the middle of the night was unbearable...it woke us all up. We heard what sounds like banging metal carts being run over our ceiling over and over for about 1 1/2 hours one night. The same noise started again the second morning about 5:30am. When we spoke to the front desk to have our room changed they didn't seem v. surprised, so I assume it's a fairly common complaint. They told us the kitchen pretty much runs all night, cleaning up from the night before and prepping food for the morning. (They did eventually switch us into two connecting balcony rooms.)

I think the rooms under the restaurants are quieter at night.

Hope this helps.

Chrissy

Just camr off the Pearl this past Sunday. Was in room 11028 and did not hear anything from above; however at night when they were having an event by the pool you could hear the music slightly in the room. It was not blaring and you might hear it on the levels below.

If you have any other questions please ask as everything is fresh in my mind.

Archived