Ziplines?

subtchr

Has anyone done any of the ziplines available at AK ports and enjoyed them? I am considering adding one to our plans.

Alaska Zipline Adventures

Icy Strait Point Ziprider

Alaska Canopy Adventures

Skagway Adventure Park & Ziplines

My husband and I love this kind of thing - no fear of heights or anything like that. I just want to hear if people thought they were a fun, scenic experience. As we plan our trip, we are realizing that our priorities are scenery and culture, but something fun like this might be a great addition to one of our days.

I don't remember the name of the company but we did a zip line while in Ketchikan a few years ago. We really don't like Ketchikan because it is pretty much a tourist trap for shopping so taking the zip line got us out of town and we had a wonderful, exhilarating experience. It wasn't physically demanding and the course was certainly beautiful. We did see some black bear down below us and eagles in the trees. It was a damp and lightly rainy day for us so I was a bit nervous of the decking around the trees being slippery but the guides did a really good job and kept us all safe.

We have done the Alaska Canopy Adventures in Ketchikan several times and LOVE it! And every time we have family visit we always take them ziplining. The guides are fantastic, top notch, safety minded & great at keeping everyone engaged & having fun (I mention this because most recently one of our family members realized he was scared of heights while on the zipline but the guide kept him calm and he stills says it was an amazing tour!).

The zipline is alongside one of the salmon spawning streams so there are plenty opportunities to see wildlife - eagles, bears (depending on when you visit), and salmon. Although personally I have to remind myself to look around when I'm on the platforms and take it in as I tend to get caught up in the fun of zipping. haha...

At Alaska Canopy Adventures, there are also totem poles, the guides are great at telling you all about the forest, trees, and surrounding area. You see an old sawmill & also some reindeer on the property. Fun, fun, fun!! Here's a description of our visit.

Archived