Open Onboard Bookings (future cruises) might be ending

ticktoneer

If I have my facts straight, if we booked a specific cruise (which we did) and later cancelled, we could have our original deposit refunded (without penalty) (or change for another cruise), if you cancel a NC booking you do not get your money back, will have to then keep booking a specific cruise and possibly changing again, (and again) if timing does not suit you.

What I did find interesting, is that if you book a specific cruise, and then can not make that specific one, you can change that booking between Celebrity, Azamara or RCCL. You do not have to stick with whichever line you are originally booking, whereas the NC are line specific and not interchangeable.

Happy New Year Everyone:):)

Kathryn

Yes to the first part, I did not know about switching to one of their other lines. I have read reports that some say once you convert the NC to a specific ship and THEN cancel they have gotten their deposit back.

We also just pick a specific cruise and then changed the cruise to a different one when needed

I agree that the WOW sale terms may seem to be identical to an NC for many, however there are differences that may be significant for some:

1) A WOW sale occurs just a few times during the year. An NC can be used anytime.

2) A cruise booked with the WOW OBC cannot also have a savings certificate or balcony discount combined. You must pick one of those. A cruise booked with a NC can have the OBC and either savings certificate or balcony discount combined.

3) A cruise booked with the WOW sale cannot have the ship or sail date changed without loosing the WOW OBC. A cruise booked with a NC can be changed without loosing benefits.

Thank you! Some differences I wasn't aware of!!

Just back from the Monarch on Monday...Next Cruise Certificates are still very much available....LA said he knew of no plans to discontinue them...course we all know how reliable THAT could be...

Archived