Silhouette: What is available in Oceanview for dinner?

islandhopper23

There are differing reports because there are too many selections to list. There are carvings, sushi, Asian dishes, salads, pastas, breads/pastries, desserts etc. But it is what it is - a buffet. On Celebrity, the buffet does not pretend to be anything else or try replace the many specialty restaurants or the main dining room.

Just back from EQUINOX our experience as follows:

Nice atmosphere with dimmed lights and quiet. Not crowded. Improved, great choice at several buffet stations:

At least two carving stations (e.g. ham and leg of lamp), grill for steaks and fish, stir fry, pasta station with different pasta and sauces, french fries, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, nice choice of salads, vegetables and desserts ...... and more (I can't remember everything!).

Free fruit juices, tea and coffee. Wine and spirits served from the bar.

Open from 6:00pm to 9:30pm.

Overall: A very good alternative to the dining room for a quiet and casual dinner.

Enjoy your dinner.

Peter

Just back from EQUINOX our experience as follows:

Nice atmosphere with dimmed lights and quiet. Not crowded. Improved, great choice at several buffet stations:

At least two carving stations (e.g. ham and leg of lamp), grill for steaks and fish, stir fry, pasta station with different pasta and sauces, french fries, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, nice choice of salads, vegetables and desserts ...... and more (I can't remember everything!).

Free fruit juices, tea and coffee. Wine and spirits served from the bar.

Open from 6:00pm to 9:30pm.

Overall: A very good alternative to the dining room for a quiet and casual dinner.

Enjoy your dinner.

Peter

Were the steaks of good and thick quality; and, were they grilled for you.

I seem to recall that on one of our cruises that the steaks were skinny; and, that theywere self grilled, but I cannot remember what line or ship.

I seem to recall that on one of our cruises that the steaks were skinny; and, that theywere self grilled, but I cannot remember what line or ship.

No, they are pre-cooked. The roast beef is best at the carving station so you can see if it is rare. The food selection is very good, especially if you are a vegetarian. Good variety of salads, pastas, etc. We usually do this venue after a long land tour. You can just relax, at your own pace, and order a glass of wine or a beer, etc. We actually enjoy it. BTW, the Captain and crew can usually be seen eating there at night. That tells you something!

No, they are pre-cooked. The roast beef is best at the carving station so you can see if it is rare. The food selection is very good, especially if you are a vegetarian. Good variety of salads, pastas, etc. We usually do this venue after a long land tour. You can just relax, at your own pace, and order a glass of wine or a beer, etc. We actually enjoy it. BTW, the Captain and crew can usually be seen eating there at night. That tells you something!

Thank you, now I remember.

My steak was grilled just as I requested, but not the usual generous american size.

Roastbeef - if available - is precooked and cut at a separate carving station.

Archived