Is this true

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this so excuse if this has been asked before.

I have this frequent flyer pass from United, with quite some miles on it. I read that United does offer cruises too. You can redeem your miles in order to pay fo the cruise. Apparantly it's a mile per dollar.

So, (remember I'm dutch) if the cruise would cost me USD 10,000 it can be paid by handing over 10,000 miles? I think this is what they say on their site. I have a hard time believing this, it seems so cheap where is the catch?

Have a good trip you'all.

Frank

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this so excuse if this has been asked before.

I have this frequent flyer pass from United, with quite some miles on it. I read that United does offer cruises too. You can redeem your miles in order to pay fo the cruise. Apparantly it's a mile per dollar.

So, (remember I'm dutch) if the cruise would cost me USD 10,000 it can be paid by handing over 10,000 miles? I think this is what they say on their site. I have a hard time believing this, it seems so cheap where is the catch?

Have a good trip you'all.

Frank

Yes, you can "cash in" miles for things other than airline tickets. However, there is no way that a cruise would only be 10,000 miles. The bare minimum amount of miles that need to be cashed in for a domestic flight is 25,000 miles so there is no way a cruise could be less than that. I think where you may be getting confused is that United Airlines has a Visa card in which you can EARN 1 mile for every dollar spent. Hope this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Frank-

did you check out unitedcruise.com? It's got info on there although it doesn't really say how many miles you need for a cruise. They sell cruises on the site (where you earn miles by purchasing from them) but they also refer to redeeming miles for cruises.

it does say the minimum you can use towards a cruise is 10,000 miles out of your account. You need to call find out how many miles for a cruise- but since you're out of the country I'm guessing you could email them as well.

Archived