Yay! Got upgraded...but, also have some questions

aring75

We booked a category BE (guarantee) and I just noticed on the Princess website that our stateroom has recently been assigned. They have put us in a BB (Cabin R725) and I'm wondering what the Riviera Deck balcony cabins are like.

Can anyone tell me anything about the balconies or the location? It looks like this is the highest deck with cabins...is that right? Is it noisy due to the public areas above? Are the balconies completely covered?

Any information you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Signed,

A charter member of the obsessive-compulsive-cruise-planning-committee!! :D

Congrats on your upgrade!!

The riviera deck is nice... You have a fully covered balcony... In my opinion, you are in a nice location... close to the stairs and elevators, but not too close that you hear a lot of noise.

The only slight "concern" that I would have in this room, is that you are next door to a room that can accomodate 3 or 4 people, which means that there MAY be children in that room... But hopefully you will not have any problems!!!

The terrace pool is on your deck, which is great in the morning hours!! (It tends to get shaded a little bit later)...

And of course, very important... you are just a few flights of stairs away from the pool and buffet!!! :D

Being next to a room with children doesn't really bother me. DH and I once slept at a hotel near a train switchyard, LOL! I think we could sleep through almost anything (except when our own kids are at home, then we can't sleep a wink, go figure).

I like the idea of being so close to the buffet (Yes! give me FOOD!), but by day 7, I might be cursing that proximity. Hmmm...I might like to get something and bring it back to the balcony. Is there room to eat a bite out there with a cup of coffee in the mornings? That sounds so nice.

Thanks so much, dreamer! I appreciate your help!! I'm getting so excited. Now if I can get DH motivated. He's the type that doesn't get excited until he can see the smokestacks of the ship on the horizon!

Hmmm...I might like to get something and bring it back to the balcony. Is there room to eat a bite out there with a cup of coffee in the mornings? That sounds so nice.

Yes, that is exactly what I did for breakfast every morning!! (And also for my mid-afternoon "snack" if I wanted a break from the sun!) My DH would order a caraf of coffee from room service, while I ran upstairs for food, and we'd have breakfast on our balcony!!

(I was on the Aloha deck on the CB a few months ago.)

You will have a wonderful time!! (My DH is exactly the same!!!!!) As for me, I get excited a YEAR in advance!!!! :D

BTW... which date are you cruising in Sept? We may be on the same cruise!

Also... I made a mistake when I told you the Terrace pool is on the Aloha deck (On the CB, it is on the riviera deck... I was confusing it with the Grand and Star, which have it on the riviera)

Archived