Another NYC Hotel Thread

noche_caliente

Thanks for the help everyone. We are booked at the downtown Marriott pre-cruise. I still need to find somewhere for the post-cruise stay. The other big problem is going to be parking. I'm not adverse to taking the subway, and in fact think my son will LOVE it, and I'm fine with walking. We aren't complete strangers to the city, but haven't been since Thanksgiving, 2001. Does anyone have suggestions on where we can leave the car for those first two nights? The Marriott has $55 valet parking, but that seems steep. On the other hand, DH had a car stolen from a hotel parking lot in Rockaway, so I'm rather paranoid about parking.

Thanks again everyone - I love all of your advice!

try this site: www.bestparking.com

I wanted to report that we were successful with the Marriott Downtown and Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge for pre and post-cruise stays. We also found a Holiday Inn room for the return trip at a lower price on two different websites (American Airlines and the gnome site), but in what I have seen to be true ICH group fashion, they denied claiming the terms were not the same, even though on both sites it was the identical room. So, moral of the story is that Marriott is great, and IHC sucks.

Thanks so much for your help! I really, really appreciate it!

Archived