Advise regarding Penthouse Suite on Star

Dibbadiane

Considering Penthouse with balcony SG. 12512 appears to be slightly larger than 12510 on the deck plan. Can anyone confirm if there are any differences in size or other factors worth considering between the two. Thanks in advance.

Considering Penthouse with balcony SG. 12512 appears to be slightly larger than 12510 on the deck plan. Can anyone confirm if there are any differences in size or other factors worth considering between the two. Thanks in advance.

We're booked in 12512 next week. Here are a couple things I found on the web

link to photo album that shows in detail 12512 and also shows balconies for both 12512 and 12510.

https://picasaweb.google.com/BryanJayWhittaker/NCLStarSG1251012512#5687057968366786290

youtube video of 12512 (short video)

Youtube video of 12512 (longer video)

My husband and I were in SG 12012 on the December 16-23 cruise, and my sister and her husband were in 12010 next door. As far as I could tell, there was no difference in size or anything else between the two cabins. What looks like an indentation affecting the cabin closest to forward actually represents a ledge that runs outside the cabins (for window washing, maybe???) but this does not impact the actual cabin space. They are both fabulous cabins and you can't go wrong with either. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Hi Silver Girl, We will be in this cabin next year...confused as to what "extras" you get seeing it is a Penthouse suite....NCL web site says Champagne, selection of liquor, fruit, bottled water and sodas......some posts I have read on here say not all suites and penthouses get those things...can you please clarify for me what "extras" we do get?

We were in 12512 Jan 2013. Bottle of sparkling something and bottle of water and fruit basket and flower arrangement were in the stateroom.

We mentioned to our butler we really enjoy orange juice so everyday we received two pitchers, perfect for 4 adults. Snacks are delivered every afternoon. Orange juice usually arrived with the snacks but held over just fine in the little refrigerator. We had all the for sale items removed. Snacks varied from canapés to wonderful chocolate treats, to chocolate dipped strawberries etc. The orange juice went very well with the sparkling wine.

There is a very nice coffee maker in the stateroom and you will be supplied with coffee pods and tea pods. They have a variety including decaf so just ask. Cream or milk if you want it.

We have stayed in both SJ and SG family suites on the Star and loved both of them. Cagneys for breakfast is probably our favorite suite perk. Such a relaxing way to start the day.

Hi Silver Girl, We will be in this cabin next year...confused as to what "extras" you get seeing it is a Penthouse suite....NCL web site says Champagne, selection of liquor, fruit, bottled water and sodas......some posts I have read on here say not all suites and penthouses get those things...can you please clarify for me what "extras" we do get?

I'm not SilverGirl, but since this question comes up so often I have put together a Word doc that spells out everything you can expect when staying in a suite. Hopefully this will be helpful to you and others...

Here are a few tips to help you sort out the different types/levels of suites on NCL. Perks come with all full suite accommodations. Mini-suites do not fall into that category. Any stateroom category that starts with an "S" is considered a full suite.

1.) Some ships are equipped with a Haven, and some are not. Ships that are equipped with a Haven will have two levels of suite: Haven suites and non-Haven suites. Haven Suites are designated by the letter "S" followed by a number. Non-Haven Suites are designated by the letter "S" followed by a letter.

2) Haven suites have access to the Haven regardless of where they are situated on the ship. The Haven has its own pool, hot tub, sauna, and sundeck. Some Haven's also have a retractable roof over the central area.

3.) The Haven suites on Epic and the new-builds coming soon also have several other private areas as well.

4.) All suites have access to a private restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

5.) All suites have Butler and Concierge service.

6.) All suites receive invitations to a special cocktail reception with the Captain and other Officers.

7.) All suites receive priority embarkation and disembarkation, as well as priority tendering.

8.) All suites receive Sparkling Wine and fresh flowers in their suite, along with treats delivered daily by the Butler. (Note: Garden Villas, Deluxe Owner's Suites and Owner's Suites receive Champagne instead of Sparkling Wine)

9.) Garden Villa's receive 6 bottles of alcohol with unlimited mixers, soda and water, while Deluxe Owner's Suites and Owner's Suites each receive 3 bottles of alcohol with unlimited mixers, soda and water.

10.) All suites are provided with a variety of Elemis brand toiletries.

11.) All suites are equipped with a Coffee/Cappuccino/Espresso Machine (Most are Lavazza pod-style machines, including Jewel now, however the Sun has Lavazza machines in the Owner’s Suites, but drip-style coffee brewers in all other suites.

12.) All suites have access to the Pre-Cruise Concierge service, which helps to coordinate your individual selections on pillow types, coffee and tea preferences, and a variety of special requests.

13.) All suites (except the new suites on Deck 12 of the Star) have a portable phone which can be used throughout the ship.

14.) All suites are equipped with the "Bliss Bed" which truly lives up to its name.

15 All suites have an expanded Room Service menu.

Happy sailing! :)

I must say that the star is a nice ship and am planning to sail on it on a canal cruise

we booked a aft suit three times and twice time took a upgrade. once to the owners suit 9006, oh my god what a nice room with two balconies the side balcony for early morning coffee and late night relaxing. And that front deck during day ( a little windy for those who might worry about HAIR )

The next year once again DH was called about a up grade. they asked if he wanted the owners suit again, he said "no" saying the room was great but that he was in it last year. Than the wonderful person asked if he wanted to maybe try the Villa....."what"

Anyway, he booked the Villa ( all three rooms just for US)

Didnt want me to find out about cabin change and had left "instructions" for the Butler and Concierge to get ME to our room without ME knowing about the upgrade.

Well it worked and the tears in my eyes when I walked in totally shocked to what he was showing me was going to be our "SPACE"

So every cruise we book I am now looking for a surprise...

Everyone on CC are great and we love to read great ideas about the ships we cruise on

Donna and Jerry

I'm not SilverGirl, but since this question comes up so often I have put together a Word doc that spells out everything you can expect when staying in a suite. Hopefully this will be helpful to you and others...

Here are a few tips to help you sort out the different types/levels of suites on NCL. Perks come with all full suite accommodations. Mini-suites do not fall into that category. Any stateroom category that starts with an "S" is considered a full suite.

1.) Some ships are equipped with a Haven, and some are not. Ships that are equipped with a Haven will have two levels of suite: Haven suites and non-Haven suites. Haven Suites are designated by the letter "S" followed by a number. Non-Haven Suites are designated by the letter "S" followed by a letter.

2) Haven suites have access to the Haven regardless of where they are situated on the ship. The Haven has its own pool, hot tub, sauna, and sundeck. Some Haven's also have a retractable roof over the central area.

3.) The Haven suites on Epic and the new-builds coming soon also have several other private areas as well.

4.) All suites have access to a private restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

5.) All suites have Butler and Concierge service.

6.) All suites receive invitations to a special cocktail reception with the Captain and other Officers.

7.) All suites receive priority embarkation and disembarkation, as well as priority tendering.

8.) All suites receive Sparkling Wine and fresh flowers in their suite, along with treats delivered daily by the Butler. (Note: Garden Villas, Deluxe Owner's Suites and Owner's Suites receive Champagne instead of Sparkling Wine)

9.) Garden Villa's receive 6 bottles of alcohol with unlimited mixers, soda and water, while Deluxe Owner's Suites and Owner's Suites each receive 3 bottles of alcohol with unlimited mixers, soda and water.

10.) All suites are provided with a variety of Elemis brand toiletries.

11.) All suites are equipped with a Coffee/Cappuccino/Espresso Machine (Most are Lavazza pod-style machines, including Jewel now, however the Sun has Lavazza machines in the Owner’s Suites, but drip-style coffee brewers in all other suites.

12.) All suites have access to the Pre-Cruise Concierge service, which helps to coordinate your individual selections on pillow types, coffee and tea preferences, and a variety of special requests.

13.) All suites (except the new suites on Deck 12 of the Star) have a portable phone which can be used throughout the ship.

14.) All suites are equipped with the "Bliss Bed" which truly lives up to its name.

15 All suites have an expanded Room Service menu.

Happy sailing! :)

Archived