Adventure Kid's Club recently???

B_Mc

Anyone had kids in Adventure's AO this season? Specifically the youngest age group for 3 year olds?

Just looking for some feedback, as this will be our/ODS' first experience in AO and I'd like to prepare him a bit! Names, activities, anything to get talking about our cruise.

Thanks!

I am looking for some of the same information as we sail on the Freedom OTS at the end of February. Our 3 yr old is excited and tells everyone that he's going skating on the cruise. (Freedom has an ice rink) But I would like some info on the kids club activities for him as well.

4 years ago, I had a 4 year old that went to AO during our FOS cruise. He was a very young 4 at the time. It was not the best for him. He had not started school yet. So, going to the AO club was the first time he was away from me--not in Day care either. He cried every time he went. He even had his twin 5 year old brothers with him. The "teachers" were not the best at trying to calm him down. I understood--that was not their job. It broke my heart each time. After the 3rd or 4th day, we kept him with us while his brothers went to the club.

When he was in the club, he seemed to have an OK time. The 5 year olds liked it and my 7 and 9 year olds who were in a different age group really Loved it.

I think it will totally depend on the child and how comfortable they are leaving your side. I never felt like the kids were unsafe, but did not feel that they were overly cared for by the teacher either.

Not sure if this helps.

We tried with our then 3 year olds in March 2012. Our son did well, stayed for an hour or so. Our daughter screamed bloody murder each time we tried to drop her off. The rules are no crying when you drop them off. If they start to cry when you leave they give it 15 mins and then you are called to pick them up. They are not daycare and refuse to "tend" to your child.

It's a group play room, basically. The 3-4 year olds are kept in a different area and there are coloring books, activities and a lot of toys. The staff gave my daughter a brand new Dora doll thinking it would calm her down. They felt so bad that we (DH and I) couldn't get any alone time on our 7 night cruise. They really did try but they could not keep her. We understood and our son really wanted to stay for a while. So we kept her and let him play.

Both kids had been in daycare and all that. It was really surprising. Honestly, I really think it was the language issue. My daughter hadn't been around someone who spoke "differently" than we do (American). We live in a very small town... Anyway, I think it scared her a bit.

We are attempting again at now 4 yrs in two weeks. The kids are really excited and we have talked about going to the play room and that mommy and daddy will leave them there to play and come back to get them. They are honestly so much more mature compared to last year. I think it will work out fine.

However, many 3 yr olds do really well. You do get a phone so you can call and check up on them or they will call you if there is an issue or a bathroom accident.

We were on Freedom 3 years ago (so not recent - sorry) and our daughter at the time was about 3 years and 2 months old. She really, really liked the club. She stayed for a few hours each night after dinner. They did fun art activities and had a little pirate parade one night. I think like the other poster said - each child will probably react differently depending on their personality. Our daughter is very outgoing and has been in daycare since she was a baby so that probably helped. Wish you all the best! We are on Oasis in a few months and hoping ours will like the next club up (she's 6 now) just as well.

We just got off the allure a couple of weeks ago. My 4.5 yr old absolutely loved the adventure ocean. This was his 4th cruise and he has always enjoyed going. He begs us on sea days to go, and also after dinner. Like everything, some of the counslors are really good, and some are so, so. The activities are all educational, and they are always doing something fun with the kids. PM me if you have any other questions

My two boys are bugging to ask: are the arcades "inclusive/unlimited" or is there a cost involved, like tokens or a players card that you have keep loaded?

Thanks

Chris

The cost of the arcade games is extra. Charged to SeaPass card. Once you are on board, you may want to talk with Guest Services about putting dollar limits on the boys' SeaPass cards.

Our little girl was in the 3-5yr old program last October on the Freedom. She is very outgoing and absolutel loves going to the "camp". They have lots of crafts, coloring, make their own silly putty, have games and story time. There are special theme nights as well such as pajama night, movie nite and pirate parade where all of the children dress up in face paint and bandanas then go on a march on the promenade deck to perform a little show.

There are different times during the week where they will let you sign them up in advance for either lunch or dinner with other children. This usually has a cost of around 6 bucks or so.

This was our daughters ninth cruise and the program/activities have been very similar across all of the cruises/ships. The only difference I have seen so far was at the past New Years cruise on the Navigator they moved the talent show up to the deck 14 Cosmopolitan lounge on the last sea day. Most likely due to the amount of children/parents attending.

One last thing, If a child is unruly or aggressive towards other children, the Adventure Ocean staff is very quick to resolve the situation by not allowing the disruptive child to return. I have only witnessed this once and it made us feel less nervous about leaving our child in the program.

We always ask the desk for a "tip" envelope to leave for the Adventure staff. They earn it. :-)

Hope this helps?

You might want to visit the Family Cruise board, lots of info over there. There is a recent Oasis review with the Adventure Ocean compasses posted (post #7) to give you an idea of activities they do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1762372

I frequent the family board but I'm really after info about the Adventure.

I have a pretty good understanding of what happens in the kid's clubs but I wanted Adventure specifics (hence RCI) to help prep my son.

• 1 month later...

We always ask the desk for a "tip" envelope to leave for the Adventure staff. They earn it. :-)

Hope this helps?

I know this can be a dead horse around here - but what do you tip the staff? I came searching specifically for this information! I will have one in AO, one in Teen Club.

Archived