Freedom of the Seas - FOS Cabin 1275 - My experience

gatour

I know some people ask opinions on certain cabins, this is my opinion on cabin 1275 on FOS.

I am normally very particular about cabin location, i.e. no public decks above or below the cabin I booked and a new one...no connecting door between our cabin and the next cabin.

For various reasons, I booked a guarantee inside cabin on the FOS 2 Dec 2012 Sailing. Several months before I received our cabin assignment...1275

Looked it up on the deck plans...

Good point: Not a connecting cabin

Two potential bad points.

Cabin is under the Lido deck and there is "white space" next to the cabin.

After looking the deck plans for deck 10 and 11 I determined our cabin was under the solarium and in a location where we shouldn't get get people dragging loungers etc.

As to the white space. Right next to the cabin was a linen closet where they store clean cabin towels along with the linen cart. Next to that (as you walk towards the stairs/elevators, is a crew stairway/service elevator.

During the entire trip, the only time we heard noise from the "white space" was when a cabin steward removed the linen cart from the storage area. This was around 8:30am. We were already up so wasn't an issue.

Overall I would not hesitate to book this cabin again. We especially liked that we were only a flight of stair away from the lido deck and were fairly close to one of the passenger elevator banks.

Archived