Tax & Fees for Radiance Hawaii Cruise ?

TheMiz

When you display it this way, this looks like a TA type invoice where port fees are broken out from the cruise fare. The Royal Guest Copy would typically show the corresponding cruise fare as $2349 ($2094 + $275).

Here is my copy from Royal

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-11%20at%2011.34.23%20AM.png

Here is my copy from Royal

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-11%20at%2011.34.23%20AM.png

Except for my math error above (should have been $2369), these 2 invoices look fine to me.

So, just so I understand, these are invoices for your booking, right? Your friend's booking is still the one with much higher taxes?

Except for my math error above (should have been $2369), these 2 invoices look fine to me.

So, just so I understand, these are invoices for your booking, right? Your friend's booking is still the one with much higher taxes?

Yes these are mine.

It would be interesting to see the same 2 documents for your friend's booking.

He only has one as of yesterday that is the Royal copy I have seen it and have a copy of it but don't want to post his without his ok

His would look just like mine except where it says $69.57 Taxes/Fees his says

$305.29 Taxes/Fees

Pardon my complete and total ignorance as a cruiser. What is the HUAV savings that I saw listed on your invoice?

C&A Diamond Discount

I could be wrong I booked it over a year ago and really don't remember

those codes are are the C&A members pages

He only has one as of yesterday that is the Royal copy I have seen it and have a copy of it but don't want to post his without his ok

$305.29 Taxes/Fees

Thanks. I just tried looking it up on Royal's website, and the website is misbehaving again. Crazy - I was able to look up other prices an hour ago, but no luck now.

Thanks. I just tried looking it up on Royal's website, and the website is misbehaving again. Crazy - I was able to look up other prices an hour ago, but no luck now.

Yep something is going on with RCL computers my TA was in his office till around 8pm last night and he still got nowhere , then today he was sold some of the finals made didn't make it while the computers were down and now I am in line as there seems to be a few who lost their reservations at the price they booked , of course Royal told them they can have those rooms but at todays rate.

Talk about a screwed up IT department. I booked 2 R/T tickets to Copenhagen through Choice Air yesterday and received confirmation with both our names on it. I also paid for them yesterday.

Today, our TA emailed me the Confirmation Invoices (showing the Choice Air debit and credit) along with another confirmation invoice from Choice air...........BUT, the Choice Air paperwork shows that I'm the only person flying to Copenhagen!:( Oh well, guess I'll have to takes lots of pictures.:D

Talk about a screwed up IT department. I booked 2 R/T tickets to Copenhagen through Choice Air yesterday and received confirmation with both our names on it. I also paid for them yesterday.

Today, our TA emailed me the Confirmation Invoices (showing the Choice Air debit and credit) along with another confirmation invoice from Choice air...........BUT, the Choice Air paperwork shows that I'm the only person flying to Copenhagen!:( Oh well, guess I'll have to takes lots of pictures.:D

I've learned to closely watch those Choice Air reservations. I made reservations to Barcelona for October about a month ago. They were with Delta, so I check the Delta website daily. About 2 weeks later, the flights had been changed and we had two connections instead of one. On one of the connections, we had 9 minutes to make the next flight. Unbelievable. I cannot imagine what people must go through who are not OCD like me and wait until a month before the flight and find out they have 9 minutes to make a connection. Got it fixed with Choice Air the next day, but still checking every day!

$305.29 Taxes/Fees

Finally got on Royal's website and it says taxes are $71.70, just like Patti said back in post #3. This one is a mystery. Please report back what you learn about this because it will be an education for all of us.

I've learned to closely watch those Choice Air reservations. I made reservations to Barcelona for October about a month ago. They were with Delta, so I check the Delta website daily. About 2 weeks later, the flights had been changed and we had two connections instead of one. On one of the connections, we had 9 minutes to make the next flight. Unbelievable. I cannot imagine what people must go through who are not OCD like me and wait until a month before the flight and find out they have 9 minutes to make a connection. Got it fixed with Choice Air the next day, but still checking every day!

Yep, another OCD here. I check the flights daily. Have my record locator numbers taped to my desktop computer screen.

Finally got on Royal's website and it says taxes are $71.70, just like Patti said back in post #3. This one is a mystery. Please report back what you learn about this because it will be an education for all of us.

Will do . I know there was some movement today they needed to get to the right rep to handle it.

[quote name='TheMiz']OK The overcharge has now been corrected , $471.44 removed from the tax.
Nothing would have been done if we hadn't brought it up.

[/quote]
Wow, that's a heck of an error. Glad it worked out for your friend.

Did they offer any explanation for how the tax got inflated so much?

[quote name='clarea']Wow, that's a heck of an error. Glad it worked out for your friend.

Did they offer any explanation for how the tax got inflated so much?[/quote]

Bob actually they did , sort of the email explained it this way
"[FONT=Arial][I][FONT=Arial]The total tax shown was the air tax truncated in your booking record (I guess this happens all the time with the Expedition Res Dept.. Have a great weekend!! "[/FONT][/I][/FONT]

I don't know what them means but I guess it has been worked out.

[quote name='TheMiz']Bob actually they did , sort of the email explained it this way
"[FONT=Arial][I][FONT=Arial]The total tax shown was the air tax truncated in your booking record (I guess this happens all the time with the Expedition Res Dept.. Have a great weekend!! "[/FONT][/I][/FONT]

I don't know what them means but I guess it has been worked out.[/quote]
Don't know what it means either, but I appreciate the info. At least I know if it happens to me I'll tell them to check if the air tax somehow got messed up.

• 3 months later...
Opps I totally forgot about this thread I started in January 2013, when I started a new thread asking about U.S Departure Tax on non US cruises

Not sure if the mods can combined them or not.

[quote name='TheMiz']I have a friend that was going book a cruise of Hawaii
He was asking about the fare I paid , same cruise on the Radiance this May and they knew I booked it over a year ago but the odd number is the Taxes and Fees I paid [B]$69.57[/B] pp for my D1 cabin , here is the odd part my friends invoice shows they paid [B]$305.29[/B] pp for an interior stateroom,
we both question how or why such a big gap in taxes and fees we were told the taxes and fees have gone up since I booked, but doesn't that seem
VERY HIGH ?

Has anyone ever heard of such a jump , BTW another friend booked his stateroom in Dec 2112 and he paid the same as I did the $69.57[/quote]
Have the tp look over the invoices from before the air was booked, if there is a difference in T/F have the tp call and point this out to the agent.

Archived