Have the carnival shows changed yet?

TrustNoOneKMC

It depends on the ship you're sailing on. Ships keep the same shows on the ship for quite awhile. If you are looking to sail the Glory again, unfortunately, they have changed the shows on that ship for the worse. Those are no longer the big hour-long productions with 2 singers, 12+ dancers, and a band like they used to have. Only 30 minutes long. No more band, all piped in music. 8 singers/dancers, with pretty bad reviews coming in on them. And a big screen using digital characters and effects. People have been giving unbelievably negative reports about these shows.

Below is a list that I got from "dadof2boys". These new shows with the terrible reviews are: The Brits, Motor City, Divas and Latin Nights. They are on the Breeze, Glory, & Conquest. 3 more ships to change over to some of these new style shows are listed at the bottom.

Here then is the current list of the shows you will see on your next cruise plus some other changes for 2013.

• Carnival Fantasy: Ticket to Ride and Nightclub Expres

• Carnival Fascination: Far From Over and Hey Mambo

• Carnival Imagination: Livin in America and Shout

• Carnival Inspiration: Fiesta Latina and Shout

• Carnival Destiny: Formidable and Nightclub Express

• Carnival Elation: Rhythm and Spin

• Carnival Paradise: X-Treme Country and Shout

• Carnival Triumph: Wonderful World, Big Easy, Magic Show and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Victory: Livin in America, Vroom, Magic Show and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Spirit: Big Easy, Jazz Hot, Singing With The Big Band and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Pride: Wonderful World Vroom, Jazzin’ and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Legend: Big Easy, Jazz Hot and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Conquest: The Brits, Motor City and Divas

• Carnival Glory: Latin Nights, Motor City and Divas

• Carnival Miracle: Ticket to Ride, Generations, Singing With The Big Band and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Valor: Far From Over, Nightclub Express, Magic Show and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Liberty: Wonderful World, Just Rock, Singing With The Big Band and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Freedom: Big Easy, Ticket to Ride, Jump Jive & Wail and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Splendor: The Beat, Vroom, Fiesta Latina and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Dream: Dancin in the Street, Get Ready, X-Treme Country and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Magic: Destination Unknown, Groove Line, Win and Carnival Legends

• Carnival Breeze: The Brits, Motor City, Divas and Latin Nights

There will also be some changes next year as follows…

• Carnival Fascination: Motor City and Divas (during dry dock)

• Carnival Fantasy: Motor City and The Brits (during dry dock)

• Carnival Sunshine: Two brand new Playlist Production shows plus Latin Nights

• Carnival Legend: Starting February 2013 – a new high energy magic show featuring Justin Illusion

• Carnival Splendor: January 2103 - the new updated Carnival Legends show

The list is actually from John Heald. While I'm inclined to believe it, after I used it to answer someone's question about what shows would be on a particular ship, other people responded to the question, saying they had just gotten off that ship and the shows did not match up to that list for some reason.

I for one will not judge the new Playlist Productions until I have seen them for myself in a few weeks.

Archived