Need Booking Advice

CruizenSuzen

I'm attempting to book the 3rd of September sailing on the Caribbean Princess. I noticed on some of the online agents that the final payment date is June 20th. Would I be better off waiting for this to pass before booking?

Also, does anyone know if expedia can handle ghost bookings?

Suzen, ghost (Future cruise deposit) bookings can ONLY be done on board ship, so no travel agency can make them. Pricing will be reduced after Final payment, about a week or so later if usual timetables hold true. But, you also have to look at how many cabins are left of the category that you want. It is always a trade off.

I don't think you understood my second question. I currently have a ghost booking that I made on my previous trip. I was told most travel agencies can take over the booking. Is expedia one of them? Does anyone have any experience using them to make this type of booking?

When Expedia calls Princess to make your booking your ghost booking will show up and they will apply it. If you don't call Expedia and just use the on-line booking form you may want to add your captain circle numbers in the comment sections.

Suzen, Boy-o-boy are you right, I totally mis-read that. But Scuby is right, the FFC is now linked to your CC number, so any agency can make the booking. If you want to ue the 800 number for the big online agencies, they can book it for you over the phone at the same rate. And you can verify it almost instantly online at the Princess website.

I don't think you understood my second question. I currently have a ghost booking that I made on my previous trip. I was told most travel agencies can take over the booking. Is expedia one of them? Does anyone have any experience using them to make this type of booking?

If you plan to wait until after final payments are due, which is what I suggest, you might as well hang onto your open booking. Yes, you are giving up a cabin credit if you don't use it, but the real benefit of these things is not having to tie up a large amount of cash in deposits made well in advance. You'll have to pay the total cost of the cruise anyway. Since you are likely to save some money by waiting, consider that your benefit and save that future booking for another time.

usually, i would suggest waiting until after final payment, too. but i think you'll find most travel experts (see even frommers) will tell you now that you can't week. ships are booking up a year in advance. few last-minute bargains, unless flexible on where you sail and whether you'll take inside (we will). note someoone else's post about 14-day sea princess cruises sold out early next year.

if you have your heart set on this particular cruise, with these dates, i'd shop around on-line...and then book now

Archived