Blu questions on Summit

x7g1225

Hello fellow cruisers.

We are new to Celebrity and looking forward to our cruise on the Summit in 2014.

I have been reading posts to learn more. Some great ideas and thoughts have been shared.

I am still unclear how the Blu restaurant works and would appreciate some insight.

We have reserved an Aqua stateroom.

We have selected a 5 pm dinner assignment.

We are a group of four.

We would like to eat at the Blu restaurant each evening if possible.

So, here are the questions:

- is our 5 pm reservation for Blu or the MDR?

- can we reserve at table for four at the Blu for every night in advance?

- do we let the MDR know that we won't be there for dinner (if we can't reserve Blu ahead of time) out of courtesy?

- is it true that Blu offers healthier dining options than the MDR? (A big attraction for us due to a previous heart attack)

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Ian

Hello Ian,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Celebrity!

By booking in Aqua Class, Blu is automatically avalible to you as your primary place to dine at no additional charge. You can eat there each evening (and morning too, for breakfast). Blu is always open seating, which means you may arrive at any time you wish between 6 and 9:30 pm. You will have no problem seating four together.

Both the MDR and Blu offer healthy choices on the menu. I don't think you will have any problem finding meals for those who are working on 'heart healthy'.

You still have lots of time to anticipate but when the time finally come enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for your reply. This information helps me better understand.

Looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise.

Happy cruising to you.

Ian

Blu is your assigned Dining room, not the MDR, you do not have to notify anyone in the MDR of your intentions since they will not be expecting you. If you wish to have a table for 4 in Blu at the same time every night I would suggest you speak to the Maitre'd in Blu when you board the ship. I am assuming that whoever the 3rd and 4th diners are, they also are booked in an AQ cabin othewise they can't eat with you unless they are in a suite.

I'm a little confused with the 5:00P.M. time in Blu, I believe they schedule you for the computer at 6 and 8. Blu however is totally anytime dining you can go whenever you wish. If I remember correctly Blu isn't open at 5:00P.M. Also, enjoy Breakfast in Blu as they are wonderful.

Ok - so the Blu is our MDR for the cruise. That is good news.

Our 3rd and 4th guest as Aqua as well and we booked at the same time.

I looked at our booking info again. You were right - it was not at 5 pm, but for 6 pm. There was a comment that: stateroom dining with booked ID: xxxx1234 etc. So, I can assume by that comment that they are already expecting us as a group of 4?

So - they should have a table of 4 reserved for us each evening, as long as we continue to show up at 6 pm each evening? In other cruise lines, we always chose an early sitting and never chose a Specialty restaurant. So I am trying to see if it would be similar with Celebrity.

Thanks

Ian

Ok - so the Blu is our MDR for the cruise. That is good news.

Our 3rd and 4th guest as Aqua as well and we booked at the same time.

I looked at our booking info again. You were right - it was not at 5 pm, but for 6 pm. There was a comment that: stateroom dining with booked ID: xxxx1234 etc. So, I can assume by that comment that they are already expecting us as a group of 4?

So - they should have a table of 4 reserved for us each evening, as long as we continue to show up at 6 pm each evening? In other cruise lines, we always chose an early sitting and never chose a Specialty restaurant. So I am trying to see if it would be similar with Celebrity.

Thanks

Ian

They will NOT have a table reserved for you every night at 6:00P.M., you must go to the Maitre'd and ask for it. The 6 PM time that you have is only a computer thing, you can come whenever you want. There will be a letter in your stateroom explaining the dining when you arrive on board.

Archived