Altun Ha Mayan Ruins, Scenic River Cruise & Lunch

Tropic5115

Just curious if anyone who has taken this princess excursion or something similar? Did you enjoy it, was it worth going on? We really wanted to do some type of excursion in Belize and need something less strenuous for some of the members of our party.

Thanks for your help!:)

We did this through NCL and thought it was well worth the money. Part of our trip was by bus and part by river boat. The ruins were amazing. We managed to climb the ones that are open. Our thighs were killing us the next day but at least I can say I did it. If you aren't up to that there is still lots to see at the base.

We did it last July. (To Altun Ha.) Start at port area, power boat up Rio Wallace through manager preserve area, to black orchid resort for lunch. Bus from there to ruins and back to port. Great trip all around.

Yes and no. Area at mouth of the river is quite murky. While it was easy to see them surfacing to breathe, barely broke the surface. More entertaining were the dolphins that took an interest in our boat.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this 2 years ago through Carnival and LOVED it! You have the option to climb the ruins but for those who don't want to, no problem. Plenty to see at ground level. The ground is relatively flat. It is hot, though, and humid. For the river tour, we saw lots of crocs, howler monkeys, a mama and baby manatee, lots of iguana. It really was a beautiful ride down the river. There is no shade on the boat, though, so bring plenty of sunscreen and water. It was the highlight of that cruise. Might even do it again!

• 11 months later...
Just curious if anyone who has taken this princess excursion or something similar? Did you enjoy it, was it worth going on? We really wanted to do some type of excursion in Belize and need something less strenuous for some of the members of our party.

Thanks for your help!:)

Hi....I see that you asked this question a year ago, but I'm interested in the same princess excursion! What tour did you decide on and did you enjoy it. Would LOVE any information you would share.

Thanks!