Independence 12/22 Fabulous Trip

hrhm7

Just a brief review. I had been a bit concerned because I read a number of negative comments about the Independence. However, our experience was totally positive. Either Royal Caribbean got its act together, or we were very lucky. All the staff we interacted with couldn’t have been more warm, friendly, and accommodating.

We had MTD and ate breakfast in the MDR, so we were served be many different wait staff. All were courteous and efficient, and depending on personality, some were more jovial than others. Many went above and beyond, such as cutting up the food for my elderly parents. One waiter ran down the stairs to catch us because my mother had left her glasses at the table. The head waiter stopped by every evening for a chat. Waiters who had served us at a previous meal would come over to say hello.

We had 3 rooms and 2 different cabin stewards, both of whom were very attentive. The customer service staff were friendly and helpful. My mother and I were sitting on lounge chairs on a quiet spot on the pool deck, and a pool attendant came over and brought us padding for the lounges, without being asked. And so on……

Food is very personal taste, but for me, I enjoyed the MDR dinners on this ship more than on the Celebrity Eclipse that I sailed on last year. The Diamond Lounge was practically empty the two times I was there. What else – oh the ship. Spectacular! The cruise director, Joff, was very funny. The ice show was terrific. OK, the production shows were disappointing for me, but the entertainers at the various venues around the ship were excellent.

We are trying out Oasis in March, and I hope we have the same awesome experience.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip. We'll be on the Indy in March and I was wondering which nights were formal. We'll be on the 8 day cruise. Thank you.

The 2nd night and I think the 6th night were the formal ones.l

Can you comment about smoking areas on the ship? Is the pub smoking or non-smoking?

Pub was non-smoking this past December. However, this is the kind of thing that can change at anytime.

Hi,

Am a Brit looking at booking onto the Indepedence Fjords cruise in May. I note that this and other threads mention the service/experience being different when the ship is in Europe - should I be worried?

We have never cruised before and like what RC offers in terms of entertainment and variety onboard. We're 41.

Thanks

Hi,

Am a Brit looking at booking onto the Indepedence Fjords cruise in May. I note that this and other threads mention the service/experience being different when the ship is in Europe - should I be worried?

We have never cruised before and like what RC offers in terms of entertainment and variety onboard. We're 41.

Thanks

I've sailed RC 3 times in Europe; one cruise left from Harwich. I had wonderful times and great service on all, not any different from when the ships sail from US ports.

Archived