Some First-Cruiser Questions about Epic

towel-animal

Hey Cruise Critic! You all have been very helpful when I first booked my Epic cruise a few months ago with my initial questions (this is my first cruise ever, woo hoo!). It's almost time for me to able to make show and dinner reservations and I have a few more questions before I do so:

1. Typically, which night and what time is the Chef’s Table? i know you can't reserve this until on board, but I don't want to book a show and have it happen to be on the same night.

2. I heard that the solo director in the Studio lounge will make dinner reservations for studio guests...is this only for groups? Or can a solo diner use that service?

3. Does one the pastas from the pasta section of the menu at La Cucina count as an entrée? Or could you order say, Chicken Parmeasean, in addition to a pasta? Same deal with Shanghais, does Rice/Noodles count as an entree?

4. Can you bring your own beach towels from home and use them at the pool?

5. How are you notified of the laundry special? Do they stick a note in your cabin?

6. I think I read that 9:30 is the last seating at speciality restaurants. If you go that late, are you rushed through your meal? Do you have enough time to order multiple courses?

7. Say you don't finish all of your meal, can you get the left overs to go?

8. If you get the Posh Pass, is it true that you can no longer order lunch there? Was really hoping to try the turkey burger

9. Are any of the specialty restaurants open for lunch for non-suite guests? If so, can you make reservations?

10. How late are pools open?

Thanks so much!

I can't help with all of the questions, but I figured I'd try to help with a couple of them...

2. I heard that the solo director in the Studio lounge will make dinner reservations for studio guests...is this only for groups? Or can a solo diner use that service?

In November, we had Fernando as our solo director and he would help whomever needed help, regardless of if it were a single diner or a group. In fact, there was a guy who wanted to go to Moderno and Fernando helped to find him someone to dine with. Then he made their reservation for them.

This may have been because Fernando was so awesome, but I would hope that all of the Solo Directors offer the same courtesy. :)

5. How are you notified of the laundry special? Do they stick a note in your cabin?

If I am remembering correctly, we received a little paper insert inside our "Daily" a night or two before the special that listed all of the details, such as price and instructions of when and where to leave your bag of laundry.

Hope that helps! Perhaps someone else could help with the other questions. :)

1. Chef's Table on our sailing (Eastern Caribbean) was Tuesday, St. Maarten night at 6pm.

2. Don't know.

3. We ordered a pizza to share as an appetizer and then got individual entrees so I don't see why you couldn't get a pasta as an appetizer.

4. Yes, but I wouldn't as it takes up space in my luggage. If you plan to get Posh passes, the NCL towels are plentiful and you don't "sign" them out as you do on the pool deck.

5. The night before we got notice of $25 laundry bag for all you could fit. I think (?) it was before the last sea day on Thursday.

6. Never tried that late. Sorry.

7. Yes but we never did. You can put leftovers in fridge but then what? Eat it cold later?

8. I saw a lady ask the bartender if she could order food and he pulled out a one-page menu from the Epic Club. After she ordered a burger, the waiter handed me the menu and asked if I wanted anything. I didn't order but the possibility does exist if you ask.

9. We had hoped to go to Teppanyaki for lunch one day but never found any mention of it being open. We did not specifically ask either though. The noodle bar is awesome for lunch!

10. I don't recall seeing people in the pools late but I did see people in the hot tubs after 10pm.

Archived