Need help with Dania Beach pre-cruise hotel?

KDvacation

Its an ok area.

Just like any other downtown in the USA.

If you love antiques you'll be in heaven.

Three blocks from Dania Hi-LI.

Slot-machines coming in January.

In Hollywood several year's ago at the Holiday Inn and went to see HiLi

I bet that was where we went.

THANKS for the description of the area - sounds like it's going to workout fine for us.

Have a Terrific Weekend

On December 1st we are staying at the Sleep Inn and Suites for one night before our cruise.

We stayed there, (Sleep Inn, 1500 SE 5th Ave. Dania). last February prior to our cruise. Next door is a Walgreen's, and across the street is a strip mall with two or three restaurants, and a grocery store. Trip Advisor ratings for this hotel are "all over the map", but we found it clean and reasonably priced. The man at the front desk was a little grumpy, but we only dealt with him once and everyone else seemed courteous and helpful. This year, I went directly to the hotel web site and for February 2014, got a senior rate of $119./night + tax. Shuttle to the cruise port is no longer free, but I think the cost is nominal.

We stayed there, (Sleep Inn, 1500 SE 5th Ave. Dania). last February prior to our cruise. Next door is a Walgreen's, and across the street is a strip mall with two or three restaurants, and a grocery store. Trip Advisor ratings for this hotel are "all over the map", but we found it clean and reasonably priced. The man at the front desk was a little grumpy, but we only dealt with him once and everyone else seemed courteous and helpful. This year, I went directly to the hotel web site and for February 2014, got a senior rate of $119./night + tax. Shuttle to the cruise port is no longer free, but I think the cost is nominal.

Wow!!!! $119.00 for a senior rate. I pre-paid for our reservation and we paid $68.00. We are cruising out of the Port of Miami and we will have a rental car. I saw that there is a Publix across the street and a Chili's restaurant about 2 miles down the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow!!!! $119.00 for a senior rate. I pre-paid for our reservation and we paid $68.00. We are cruising out of the Port of Miami and we will have a rental car. I saw that there is a Publix across the street and a Chili's restaurant about 2 miles down the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This shows how much difference there can be for different dates. February is much more expensive than December. $119 for February is a really good price.

This shows how much difference there can be for different dates. February is much more expensive than December. $119 for February is a really good price.

Yeah that is a huge difference. In March we cruised out of Fort Lauderdale on the Freedom and the prices in March were $200+ for the same Sleep Inn that we are staying in next Sunday