Norway in June

We have been looking at the cruise from Newcastle to Norway in June 2013 from Newcastle. Can anyone let me know what to expect weather wise. As there are no balcony cabins on Spirit, it would probably be sensible to take a deluxe as opposed to a suite. Can anyone let us know which deluxe cabins have the best unobstructed view. Had originally planned to cruise from UK in August, but Hawich is just too far away.

Did this one last June, not a good summer weather wise, but I consider we did very well. We wore shorts most of the time but needed pullover/cardigan when not in the sun. We had about 2 hours rain in Voss (Flam Railway day) not good, Voss just a small town so everyone wanted shelter in the shops. But apart from this one day the weather was good, but not blazing hot at any time. We caught the sun on the day at sea coming home - found a sheltered spot on sun deck and that was that. Glad to supply any info.

A great trip

Enjoy

Alan

We have been looking at the cruise from Newcastle to Norway in June 2013 from Newcastle. Can anyone let me know what to expect weather wise. As there are no balcony cabins on Spirit, it would probably be sensible to take a deluxe as opposed to a suite. Can anyone let us know which deluxe cabins have the best unobstructed view. Had originally planned to cruise from UK in August, but Hawich is just too far away.

We did the North Cape last June and the weather was much better than expected when we crossed the Arctic the weather was a lot better than at home. It was like Spring should be here with most days warm but some hot. We only had 2 mornings of rain. One good thing though as there is no flying involved you are not restricted on luggage. We took a bit of everything and have to say it was mostly the jumpers that didn't get worn.

I am sure all deluxe cabins on deck 9 have unobstructed views. We have always been ok.

Thanks for all your help. We have never cruised so early before, we usually leave it till July or August, but we really fancied trying a cruise from the UK and as you mention we can take as much luggage as we like. Newcastle is just a few hours away so we could travel down on the morning the ship sails. From what I've read on the boards the weather seems to have been fine the past few years, so fingers crossed it will be the same this year. We have done the med to death and feel its time for a change. Norway sounds wonderful so we are definately looking forward to visiting.

We did one Aug 12 , although Aug weather very changeable eerily had several days of some rain some sun but never sun bathing weather. One thing I would say if definitely take a lightweight mac and thin fleece and walking shoes etc then you will be fine. We absolutely loved it all especially Flam, we will go again in a few years :):)

Don't worry about lack of balcony best views up on deck. Don't miss the sail in's with a nice hot coffee sat on deck, lovely atmosphere, was fab :):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We did one Aug 12 , although Aug weather very changeable eerily had several days of some rain some sun but never sun bathing weather. One thing I would say if definitely take a lightweight mac and thin fleece and walking shoes etc then you will be fine. We absolutely loved it all especially Flam, we will go again in a few years :):)

Don't worry about lack of balcony best views up on deck. Don't miss the sail in's with a nice hot coffee sat on deck, lovely atmosphere, was fab :):)

Shows you just don't know with the weather. We went June all the way up to the Cape and we had glorious weather could sun bathe most days. Cold at night though.

Only thing to do is just take loads of clothes.

Absolutely fabulous area we loved it too. :)

Sorry , should have read "even" had several.... phone changes text and i did nt check ! Could have been worse !

Forgot to say, i think we just had a bad week as ive heard its often quite warm and sunny infact sunbathing weather sometimes , just pot luck i suppose :D

Thanks for all your input. Have just booked the Myths of the Fjords leaving on 2nd June from Newcastle. We are really looking forward to the cruise now so will have to pick people brains on best excursions to book. Have had a quick look and like the look of the Flam train one, although I am not good at heights and dont know just how steep it will be.

Thanks for that. Have decided to book the trip on the train which includes the walk back down the valley as opposed to the full day trip which involves the road with the 13 hairpin bends (no surprise there). Had a look at the road on youtube, there were actually people crying on the coach! Anyway having great fun planning what we will do.

Archived