Help with Inverness tours for LochNess and Castles Aug 14 on Infinity

cknic

I just saw a post on the Infinity rollcall for June 3 from Susan. (#531). She heard from Nigel today and everything seems ok. He had an accident so has been unable to respond. Hopefully he will be in touch with the rest of us soon.

Carolyn

A couple of us cruising on Infinity 8/5 are still waiting to hear from Nigel re booking his LochNess/Castle tour for August 14. Reading posts on other roll calls it looks like he has confirmed tours dates before and after ours. Has anyone heard more from him?

A couple of us cruising on Infinity 8/5 are still waiting to hear from Nigel re booking his LochNess/Castle tour for August 14. Reading posts on other roll calls it looks like he has confirmed tours dates before and after ours. Has anyone heard more from him?

Carolyn, It's me again. I sent him a "Hey, just checking in" email. He did not respond, but it wasn't like I had a specific question or I was adding more people to the group. Our tour is Aug 18. Did you have a specific issue that he needed to respond to?

Marilyn

Carolyn, It's me again. I sent him a "Hey, just checking in" email. He did not respond, but it wasn't like I had a specific question or I was adding more people to the group. Our tour is Aug 18. Did you have a specific issue that he needed to respond to?

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn. No special problem..we are just trying to book a tour for the 14th and other than an email I received in January saying he would be ready the end of that month to book, we have heard nothing. I saw the posts on your roll call plus one other so I thought he was working through a list.

we are just trying to book a tour for the 14th and other than an email I received in January saying he would be ready the end of that month to book

READY TO BOOK? I got an email from him on Oct 19 saying I was "on the sheet for now". O.K., I think a direct frontal attach is in order.

Back soon . . . I hope.

Marilyn

READY TO BOOK? I got an email from him on Oct 19 saying I was "on the sheet for now". O.K., I think a direct frontal attach is in order.

Back soon . . . I hope.

Marilyn

After another email requesting at least an acknowledgement, we gave up on Nigel! Another cruiser found a tour that covered the same sights plus allowed time for the boat trip at a good price. We decided to share with them.

Let's hope we all have a wonderful time!

Carolyn

After another email requesting at least an acknowledgement, we gave up on Nigel! Another cruiser found a tour that covered the same sights plus allowed time for the boat trip at a good price. We decided to share with them.

Carolyn

We are on the 8/5 Infinity too. Is your tour full? There are 2 of us and we'd love to join a group for Inverness.

Carolyn

We are still looking for a tour for Inverness. What company did you booked the tour with?

thanks.

Carolyn

We are on the Caribbean Princess, will be in Inverness on July 19 and I gave up on Nigel. He apparently is a "great" tour guide, but super unprofessional if you ask me. We are going with Duncan with The Taxi Tour Experience. We are paying 45gbp per hour as we have a unique (and limited tour request (dip our toes in Loch Ness, Glen Ord Distillery and an hour or two to wander the shops). Duncan is awesome to respond.

We are on the 8/5 Infinity too. Is your tour full? There are 2 of us and we'd love to join a group for Inverness.

Sorry, tour is full. I'm sure you'll find another group though..Check out postings on our actual RollCall for 8/5. Good luck.

Carolyn

I finally heard from Nigel and we are set for August 18. As has been posted before, he has been back and forth taking care of his Mum, but he hopes his visit last Sunday (Mother's Day in the U.K.) will mark her return to good health. Added to that he has encountered many returned emails this year, but he has a new service provider starting next week.

All is now good. I am very relieved. We had done a tour including Loch Ness several years ago and I was looking forward to Nigel's Highland's Experience tour as something different.

Marilyn

• 1 month later...

Looks like Nigel's email issues are now fixed. I've had no problems with him responding now. He told me he had some technical problems that his "techy guy" fixed.

If you still have trouble getting through to him go to his Facebook page for Invergordon shorexcursions and leave him a note...that's what I did.

• 1 month later...

We had a great tour with Nigel (the Loch Ness and Cawdor Castle etc) on June 12th. He is well worth pursuing. I told him there are folks who are frustrated at his poor responses. He said he is trying to answer emails now that he has a different ISP. Hope you get to tour with him. Look for Facebook page using his website name.

Susan

We had a great tour with Nigel (the Loch Ness and Cawdor Castle etc) on June 12th. He is well worth pursuing. I told him there are folks who are frustrated at his poor responses. He said he is trying to answer emails now that he has a different ISP. Hope you get to tour with him. Look for Facebook page using his website name.

Susan

Thanks for the update. We booked with another tour guide when we didn't get responses from Nigel. I'm happy it worked out for you. Hope ours is as good!

Carolyn

Thanks for the update. We booked with another tour guide when we didn't get responses from Nigel. I'm happy it worked out for you. Hope ours is as good!

Carolyn

Carolyn:

After all the angst over making contact with Nigel, we ended up switching to a different cruise - same line, same itinerary, just a different ship and, of course, a different date. I contacted Nigel to let him know and said I was sorry we wouldn't see him as I thought someone else on our new Roll Call had booked him and the tour was full. He wrote to say he had room for us. I think he may be wrong so I would like a back up. Can you tell me who you hired?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Carolyn:

After all the angst over making contact with Nigel, we ended up switching to a different cruise - same line, same itinerary, just a different ship and, of course, a different date. I contacted Nigel to let him know and said I was sorry we wouldn't see him as I thought someone else on our new Roll Call had booked him and the tour was full. He wrote to say he had room for us. I think he may be wrong so I would like a back up. Can you tell me who you hired?

Thanks,

Marilyn

While we were touring that day he mentioned to us he had other drivers w/vans he calls on. I wasn't clear, but he may have indicated he also can do a larger group. I see larger group he just hosted on the 21st in a pic on his FB page. Look him up by his webpage title..."the city_ shore_ excursions" etc. to see the pics.

So I think he will take care of you. He really is a nice guy. And you don't have to pay him till end of the day.

Carolyn:

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sure, going with "Around Loch Ness" with George Polwarth.

Carolyn

While we were touring that day he mentioned to us he had other drivers w/vans he calls on. I wasn't clear, but he may have indicated he also can do a larger group. I see larger group he just hosted on the 21st in a pic on his FB page. Look him up by his webpage title..."the city_ shore_ excursions" etc. to see the pics.

So I think he will take care of you. He really is a nice guy. And you don't have to pay him till end of the day.

Thanks, englader. I thought I had read that someone had taken one of his tours, but with a different guide, and thought it was fantastic, so, although I would be sorry not to meet the famous Nigel, I'm sure it would work out. What was wonky was he acted like he didn't have the group from my Roll Call and that he only had 4 others so we would make 6. He never said, and, by the way, I won't be leading the tour but you will be in good hands. Also, thanks for suggesting I go on facebook. Never thought to do that. I really enjoyed all the pics.

Carolyn: George looks great. I think you have a real find. Unfortunately, it looks like all of his tours center around Loch Ness - well, duh, that's the name of his company. We were there several years ago and wanted to take Nigel's Highland Experience tour which covers ground further north.

I have had such good look with so many aspects of switching to the earlier cruise that I know somehow it will all work out. Thank you both.

Marilyn

• 5 weeks later...

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess British Isles cruise and have nothing but praise for the service we used. We used Graham Imrie Services out of Alness. He was contracted for another tour operator to take our trip.

We are a 3 generation family of six. Graham picked us up at the dock at Invergordon and whisked us off through the countryside to Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle. He was knowledgeable and courteous, and his vehicle was immaculate.

Here's where the story gets interesting...my mom lost vision in her left eye earlier that morning but was insistent we continue on. With no visible signs of a stroke, we proceeded with our plans for the day. As we stopped for lunch, my mom thought we should go to the ER, so Graham got us to the hospital as quickly as possible.

Graham waited for us and was very accommodating. The doctor confirmed she had indeed suffered a small stroke. We suspended our tour and made our way back to the ship.

Although we didn't get to do all we would have liked, we would definitely use Graham again. His business is new, and he would appreciate your business. We paid $45/ hr. As he had to pay a cut to the company we booked through, I am not sure what he would charge.

If you are interested or have any other questions, you can contact me at kibaldwin@hotmail.com.

Archived