Palancar Reef

Suntanz

We are stopping in Cozumel on our March trip on the Dream. Friends of ours have told us to snorkle at The Palancar Reef. Is this close to where the ship docks? Has anyone snorkled there with someone they would recommend?

You will need to get to the reef via boat but it is a short ride, from the beachs you can see where all the dive boats are anchored. We went to Playa Palancar and from there they were offering snorkeling trips for $30 per person including equipment.

You can take a cab to Playa Palancar (beach) from any of the 3 places where your ship may dock. The beach is where you can hire someone to take you to the reef. No problem to get a cab back even though it is further south on the island. We didn't snorkel but went to that beach last Feb to swim. It is a beautiful and quiet beach. Hope this helps. :cool:

Is this the best snorkling in Cozumel or is there a better place to snorkel? A friend of mine told me about palancar Reef, but I had never heard of it.

Palancar can not be beat but you can always do a ship excursion and where ever it is in CZM it will be good

Archived