What would you do with 3, 5, and 7 year olds?

luvsviola

What would you do if you were traveling with a newly 3, newly 5, and 7 year olds?

We are carseat people, so we'll have carseat/boosters/stroller in tow. What do you do with a carseat at the beach? Is there anything walkable that is nice from the port?

My 5 year old is special needs (sensory needs, ODD, and feeding tube) and doesn't handle crowds or waiting well, so long lines are not a good fit for us if they can be avoided.

Other than tourist shops there's not much around most of the piers.

Interested in the beach or a pool? :confused: Paradise Beach is very nice with room to spread out, nice beach, great changing facilities, and a huge pool.

You could also head to Chankanaab marine park - dolphin shows, etc, plus a nice beach. There is an admisison fee :( and they may try to sell you on an opportunity for your kids to pet/touch/kiss a dolphin.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CHANKANAAB

I've seen a few cabs in Coz (and Philadelphia! :mad:) with the seat belts cut or knotted -- insist on a cab with functioning seat belts for your car seats. I would tip the cab driver a few extra bucks to make up for the time spend installing/uninstalling the car seats. Taxi fare for 5 of you shoudl be about $20 each way. PB has lockers and if the car seats do not fit ask the attendant and they should find someplace safe to store them for you. Good luck! :)

If there a lot of ships in port you could consider a place like Nachi Cocom- they limit the number of passes they sell so that it's not crowded. It's an "all inclusive" style place with a pool and beach, and is about a $15-$20 cab ride from the port. It "quieter" than Paradise Beach from what I've read, but that might work better for you family? My kids are the same age, and we choosing that over a big party atmosphere- kids that age don't need tons of slides, music, etc to have fun in the water!

Archived