Is this fly and cruise package legit? (MCO + Comfort Inn + Port Canaveral)

LandlockedCruiser01

I found this great package, for cruisers sailing out of Port Canaveral. It's something like $199 for 2 people, or $149 for solos. The package includes a shuttle from MCO to the hotel (operated by an outside company), a one-night room stay at Comfort Inn, a drink coupon, a hot breakfast, a shuttle to the port, and a shuttle from the port to MCO after your cruise. The neighborhood around the hotel is great; I checked on Google Street View.

While all this looks like a great deal, it's borderline "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is". This is where I found it: www DOT cocoabeachportcanaveralhotel DOT com. The website looks professional, but has noticeable typos and broken English in a few places.

Has anyone else here used this package? What were your experiences? Please share.

Sounds like a to good to be true situation involving a timeshare presentation. Skip it by renting a vehicle at MCO, staying one night pre cruise at either the Radisson or Country Inn and Suites located in Cape Canaveral. Dropping off family and luggage on the morning of your cruise at the pier and returning the rental vehicle to the location on A1A (Astronaut Blvd) in Cape Canaveral. Then hopping on the free shuttle for transportation back to Port Canaveral. Then reverse the process at the conclusion of your cruise. Depending on the time of the year the hotel should cost around one hundred dollars and the one way rental approximately sixty dollars. Use Budget discount code #BCD-Y937800 for a great rate. The discount code should save you between 10 and 20% on the cost of the rental.

The OP seemed to think a hotel room and some shuttles couldn't be done for a couple hundred dollars. What's so unbelievable about that?

What prompted the original post is that the package really did seem too good to be true. That and seeing typos and broken English on the company's site; they were pretty rare, but still. There are shuttles between all three points of travel: MCO, Comfort Inn, and Port Canaveral. It just fits together perfectly, enough to raise the question if it's too good to be true. I'm sure we've all heard of that Caribbean Cruise Line/Celebration Cruise Line scam, where everything fits perfectly as well. Can't blame me for asking.

I dug around, and found out that the package is operated by Crossway Inn, Inc., DBA Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach. Their address matches the Comfort Inn hotel's. It looks like this thing is legit. So let's change the tone of this thread, and instead, share your experiences using this package, if you've done it before. Because I'm considering it.

What prompted the original post is that the package really did seem too good to be true. That and seeing typos and broken English on the company's site; they were pretty rare, but still. There are shuttles between all three points of travel: MCO, Comfort Inn, and Port Canaveral. It just fits together perfectly, enough to raise the question if it's too good to be true. I'm sure we've all heard of that Caribbean Cruise Line/Celebration Cruise Line scam, where everything fits perfectly as well. Can't blame me for asking.

I dug around, and found out that the package is operated by Crossway Inn, Inc., DBA Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach. Their address matches the Comfort Inn hotel's. It looks like this thing is legit. So let's change the tone of this thread, and instead, share your experiences using this package, if you've done it before. Because I'm considering it.

We are in the planning stages of an August cruise on Carnival"s Dream out of Port Canaveral . Thanks for checking this our.

Yes I too agree with you as faras people on here that have always find something wrong with a post. Negativity gets you nowhere.

That sounds like a great deal! The transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral is a significant expense if you don't want to rent a car. We ended up spending a lot of money on just that after staying a few nights in Orlando. We arranged to take and excursion after the cruise that ended at the airport so that took care of that leg of the trip.

Not really.

The OP seemed to think a hotel room and some shuttles couldn't be done for a couple hundred dollars. What's so unbelievable about that?

It was obvious from the original post that this individual was aware that this presentation did not include the price of the cruise.

It was obvious from the original post that this individual was aware that this presentation did not include the price of the cruise.

I couldn't understand why the OP thought it was such an unbelievable deal since rountrip shuttles from MCO to a Cocoa Beach hotel or Port Canaveral and then back to MCO at the end of the cruise is only $40 per person.

All Cocoa Beach hotels have shuttles to Port Canaveral (about 2 miles), so if you do the math that would be $119 for a room at the Comfort Inn (And I'm sure the hotels will get a small discount or commission on the shuttles).

What's so unbelievable about that? I thought maybe the OP thought it included a Bahamas cruise or something.

Edit: I just checked rates for that hotel for 4/27/13 and got a rate of $84.00 so it's not really that good of a deal.

Well...Would you prefer it not to fit together perfectly? I mean, it's not rocket science since these folks have plenty of practice every single week of the year getting people to their hotels, Port Canaveral and back to MCO...

http://travelcocoabeachshuttle.com/

Well...Would you prefer it not to fit together perfectly? I mean, it's not rocket science since these folks have plenty of practice every single week of the year getting people to their hotels, Port Canaveral and back to MCO...

http://travelcocoabeachshuttle.com/

Just the usual "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" principle. I read about other Cocoa Beach hotels, their arrangements required paying extra for the airport shuttle (understandable, given the distance), not including the cruise shuttle, or some other hassle factor. This one, however, was the only one that had everything fit together perfectly. Like I said before, you can't blame me for getting at least slightly suspicious. No need to tar and feather me over this. :D

Anyway, I checked and found this to be legit. The question's been answered. Let's close the topic.

Just the usual "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" principle. I read about other Cocoa Beach hotels, their arrangements required paying extra for the airport shuttle (understandable, given the distance), not including the cruise shuttle, or some other hassle factor. This one, however, was the only one that had everything fit together perfectly. Like I said before, you can't blame me for getting at least slightly suspicious. No need to tar and feather me over this. :D

Anyway, I checked and found this to be legit. The question's been answered. Let's close the topic.

Well...You have to admit it's rather ridiculous for someone to complain about a port shuttle that fits perfectly with someone's flight, hotel and shuttle to the port. I can just imagine their review on Cruise Critic...

"I used SAS to shuttle us to the Port of Miami from our FLL hotel. They picked us up on time and swiftly got us to the port on time! They just fit too perfectly, so I will NEVER use them again!" :p

I found this great package, for cruisers sailing out of Port Canaveral. It's something like $199 for 2 people, or $149 for solos. The package includes a shuttle from MCO to the hotel (operated by an outside company), a one-night room stay at Comfort Inn, a drink coupon, a hot breakfast, a shuttle to the port, and a shuttle from the port to MCO after your cruise. The neighborhood around the hotel is great; I checked on Google Street View.

While all this looks like a great deal, it's borderline "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is". This is where I found it: www DOT cocoabeachportcanaveralhotel DOT com. The website looks professional, but has noticeable typos and broken English in a few places.

Has anyone else here used this package? What were your experiences? Please share.

I did this last year, after doing all my homework I found it to be true......BUT what they didnt tell me the shuttle sevice between MCO and the hotel was.....You got on the shuttle and you waited for others, others from different flights, arrival times and destinations...so we waited and waited. Then we headed off to Port Canaveral, dropped off people for their cruise, other hotels and then PASSED up our hotel and continued down the road and dropped off some more people, then off to a residental neighborhood and dropped off 2 more ppl. Note we had 19 ppl in our group...so then we turned around and head back to our hotel, the comfort inn. Long story short 4.5 hrs the trip from MCO to Port Canaveral!!! Price was right, but my VACATION time is worth more to me. I did complain and didnt even get a response..the return trip was basically a direct stop after we watched our Driver make out with his wife!! Yep its true.. And no return call from the Shuttle service..

I consider it a Life Lesson, different plans this year!!

We used this package last year...it is legit. We really had no issues and we didn't have to wait around the airport for others like the other poster did...might be because there were 6 in our party as it was so we pretty much filled the van. The hotel was really nothing special but while we had a good room, our friends had an ant problem in their room. the bartender in the bar was rude but really for the price these were minimal issues. close by to restaurants etc. the driver actually did a u-turn when he learned we wanted a liquor store and took us back about a mile to get some. Very nice. Another shuttle in the morning took us to the ship.

It's Travelynx Shuttle, or maybe just Travelynx.

THAT IS IT!!!

Buyer be aware...We spent the whole day traveling...Not to mention we were starved by the time we checked in.

.It was actually a joke we were Calling out names of restraunts that started with the next letter of the alphabet, Burger King, Comprdres, DingBats etc etc as we traveled the lonnnnnnnnnnnng route to our Hotel.

We used this package last year...it is legit. We really had no issues and we didn't have to wait around the airport for others like the other poster did...might be because there were 6 in our party as it was so we pretty much filled the van. The hotel was really nothing special but while we had a good room, our friends had an ant problem in their room. the bartender in the bar was rude but really for the price these were minimal issues. close by to restaurants etc. the driver actually did a u-turn when he learned we wanted a liquor store and took us back about a mile to get some. Very nice. Another shuttle in the morning took us to the ship.

We were on a BUS, not a van shuttle...Im thinking maybe because it was prime time when we arrived.. But it was a full size bus, like Grayhound. The drivers name was odd, I think Dwey..We had the not so pleasuable trip with him to and foe..When he took us back to the airport we waited and waited, they we notice him in the background of the ships terminal making out with his "wife"...Yea, I get pd to go to work and make out with my husband. I told Travellynx, but they never even called my back even after several calls..

Maybe it was a off day...but Im thinking..it was a life lesson!

I couldn't understand why the OP thought it was such an unbelievable deal since rountrip shuttles from MCO to a Cocoa Beach hotel or Port Canaveral and then back to MCO at the end of the cruise is only $40 per person.

All Cocoa Beach hotels have shuttles to Port Canaveral (about 2 miles), so if you do the math that would be $119 for a room at the Comfort Inn (And I'm sure the hotels will get a small discount or commission on the shuttles).

What's so unbelievable about that? I thought maybe the OP thought it included a Bahamas cruise or something.

Edit: I just checked rates for that hotel for 4/27/13 and got a rate of $84.00 so it's not really that good of a deal.

I think you need to redo your math. And factor in the per person part of your post with the total cost of the OP (which is not per person).

Archived