Need CHEAP (safe) ideas in Belize

SakeDad

Hi,

I am considering a cruise 2/10 and need to know if there are cheap (and safe) things to do in Belize. I have traveled a lot and can deal with panhandlers, etc...just don't want to feel unsafe. Are there water taxis I can take to nice beaches with food and drink? Or taxis to take to a nicer area to experience Belize? Is there really anything you can do without going on a formal (expensive) excursion? Or do you have a favorite pierside vendor you have used to do something that didn't cost much? I have been blessed to get a cruise with a friend on the cheap but just can't afford excursions and keep reading things about "just stay in port or on the ship" and really hate to miss Belize if I'm going to be there. (edit) Are there any resorts that give day passes with amazing views and food and drink?

I tried to search but I need to make a quick decision.

Not any resorts that I know of -- we paid a pretty good price to go with a ship tour - snorkel and bannister beach break

Even if you don't snorkel - just riding in the clear water you can see so many creatures on the 2nd largest reef in the world!

Look on tripadvisor.com

we had no interest in climbing ancient ruins or cavetubing which are popular there -- we wanted calm beauty!

Many say do not go past the port stores - and we did not

But do not stay on ship!

Archived