how long is Eli's Eco-Tour?

ryansmom

I've read so many wonderful things about him and his tour, I was wondering how long it actually is? (can't seem to find that)

Sounds like a great day, but gathering my research for not only how much (which I found @ his site), but how long it lasts? Are we looking at appx. 3 hours? 5? 6? Any idea?

Could you share if you've gone recently?

Thanks!

6 hours. They pick up near Tony's Water Sports at Dickenson Bay beach (near St. Johns) at 9:50 a.m. and have you back by 3:50 p.m.

WRONG! If you're on a cruise ship they pick up on the dock by the cruise pier in front of a store called Exotic Antigua. The tour is about 6 hours long and they'll have you back in plenty of time.

They have more than one pickup point depending on whether you're on a cruise ship and where you're docked. We were in Falmouth and made our own arrangements to meet at Dickenson Bay Beach. They will email you with specific instructions. But 6 hours is the consensus.

I'm sure they would tell us where to meet.....

The important thing was how long the tour was...and you said 6 hours.

That's what I really needed to know.

:)

It is definitely 6 hours. We had fun but I found it just a bit too long of a day. We stopped at Sandals Resort to pick up a group there. We then set off along the shore stopping in the mangroves searching for turtles. Then there was a swimming stop and a small hike to get some pictures of the view. Then off again to snorkel at Devils!s bridge ( or it may have been. called Helll's). Not too many fish. We had our own snorkel gear but Eli provided them. I think we had lunch after that which was delicious. We ate sitting on the boat. Then we set off to wandering around the beautiful area, a chance for another snorkel then return to the port. We were on a cruise ship so we were picked up in St. John's. There were people already on the boat who were picked up at Dickensons bay earlier.

The crew was wonderful. You'll enjoy it.

It is definitely 6 hours. We had fun but I found it just a bit too long of a day. We stopped at Sandals Resort to pick up a group there. We then set off along the shore stopping in the mangroves searching for turtles. Then there was a swimming stop and a small hike to get some pictures of the view. Then off again to snorkel at Devils!s bridge ( or it may have been. called Helll's). Not too many fish. We had our own snorkel gear but Eli provided them. I think we had lunch after that which was delicious. We ate sitting on the boat. Then we set off to wandering around the beautiful area, a chance for another snorkel then return to the port. We were on a cruise ship so we were picked up in St. John's. There were people already on the boat who were picked up at Dickensons bay earlier.

The crew was wonderful. You'll enjoy it.

Devil's Bridge is a sight on the island. Eli's visits Hell's Gate.

They do pick you up in front of Exotic Antigua which i on the wooden pier just to the right of the cruise ship pier.

I did the excursion earlier this month and found the crew to be very friendly and helpful. The lunch of chicken and salad was very good and there were lots of beverages.

However, it is one of those excursions that I am glad I did but would not do again. We had a lot of rain that day and I felt the climbing up and down Hell's Gate was quite dangerous in the beach shoes they provide and the climbing of Bird Island equally concerning with sand being on the wet limestone. Other than being told about birds that inhabit Bird Island and seeing some nice views from the top there really was nothing ecological about it. I am an experienced snorkeler and was expecting a couple of opportunities to snorkel, sadly there was only one and there was such a strong current running it was extremely difficult snorkeling and we saw few fish.

Archived