Tipping Question

abbydancer2003

I have a question about tipping (actually 2). I know Princess does 10.00 per day autotip. I need to know roughly what percent is dining staff vs room steward.

I'm not sure that makes sense, so the background might help. We're doing a 7 day Mexican Rivera on the Sapphire in October. It's a now large group from our dance studio. We are paying the school and they're paying the cruiseline, the airlines, etc. On other trips, the studio pays for all the meals including the tips. For the cruise, the studio will also pick up the meal portion of the auto tip. (Our TA told me that he can just go to the pursers office and give everyone a credit). I told the manager I'd find out how much of the tip he should cover. So, I either need a percent, or what tips would have been recommended if auto tipping wasn't in effect. (Removing the autotip isn't a good idea). I hope this makes sense.

Also we're leaving on Saturday and returning on Saturday. Do we pay tips on both? I think for a 7 night cruise, 70.00 is the appropriate amount, but what I think doesn't matter, it's what Princess thinks.

I think that's it on the tips; thanks so much in advance.

abby

Archived