Early Saver questions

Juicermcurran

First, these boards are such great resources. Thank you all so much for taking time to post picture, give reviews and answer question! It make planning our vacation so much more fun.

My question is about the Early Saver Program. Am I correct in understanding that if you book through Carnival you can contact them if you see a price drop but if you book through a travel agent you have to contact the travel agent to contact Carnival?

Also, we are looking at the Liberty 12-7-13, how often to prices tend to drop? Do people usually get at least one price drop? Obviously we won't be mad if we don't get one but it would be nice to start the cruise of with an OBC!!

Thanks!

FOR ES There is a form that needs to be filled out.

I think this is the link

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

My understanding is that if you have a travel agent, he or she has to submit the form. If you book yourself, you can submit it. Its an easy form.

As far as price drops, it really just depends on the cruise. Last cruise I booked ES and saw several drops, both before and after final payment. Such that I started in an ocean view and upgraded to a balcony and the balcony price was STILL less than the ocean view originally. This cruise we are leaving exactly one week earlier (still in April) and I did not book ES. But I have been watching prices since its before final payment. I have not seen any real price drops. I have seen a small drop for one of the guarrantee rates (Carnival assigns your cabin), but since I got a free upgrade to the lido deck and want to stay there, it would not have been worth it to me.

Good luck. Early saver is fun, to me. When I was booked ES, I checked several times a week- sometimes even daily up to final payment. After final payment it was daily or even a couple of times a day. But a lot of that was because I wanted to upgrade to a balcony and knew that going in. It only takes a few seconds to check prices anyway.

Thanks so much for the info, another questions.... Does the price drop have to be on the Carnival website? What if I find one cheaper for the same category room on another website. In that form is asks where you found the fare, so I'm assuming that you can check other websites. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the info, another questions.... Does the price drop have to be on the Carnival website? What if I find one cheaper for the same category room on another website. In that form is asks where you found the fare, so I'm assuming that you can check other websites. Thanks again!

You can with some restrictions. It has to be a public rate, It has to be comparable as in same category cabin. And a few other things.

Caution on this. Many online TA's advertise the rates with out some of the fees that Carnival builds into what they show on their website. Also by CCL rules... No one can sell their cruises for less than CCL does. Therefore I use the fareviewer page and have never been declined.;)

Correct, remember to take a screen shot of any price drop you find. I had a small price drop for my last cruise.

Good luck,

Also, we are looking at the Liberty 12-7-13, how often to prices tend to drop? !

By reading these boards it would seem that almost all cruises come down in price..

But it will depend on when you book.

In 18 cruises only two ever came down.

my upcoming cruise is sailing at 300 more then what I paid.

Archived