Mi Dushi vs Jolly Pirate. Opinions please!!!

Sportsdoc

After a great deal of research and multiple emails I think I have our swim snorkel narrowed down to these two. Seem very similar. Traveling with 6 and 9 year old. Anyone who has done one or both opinions on which one is best bet would be welcomed!!!

We did Jolly Pirates. It'll depend on the others in your group or excursion as to whether the 6 yr old would have a good time. We had a couple of tweeners and younger teens on our excursion (familes booked independently of main group). They seemed to have a good time, but as most of us were in an adult group, with the open bar, it got a little risque toward the end (especially the Banana Bus ride back:D). Fun but not a kid's view of fun. Snorkeling was okay, might have been the conditions, but they went to where other snorkel excursions were so lots of activity to scare the fishes. The wreck site was too deep for good snorkeling, better as a dive, I'd suspect.

Thank you for the advice. I was concerned with the kids. Seemed that people's trips were very passanger dependent. In meantime did get email back from Capt. Anthony from Tranquillo which may be more our speed at this point. Back to the drawing board on this! Appreciate the posts!!!

We enjoyed the Jolly Pirates as well as Tranquilo.

Both experiences are going to be very dependent upon the number of people booked and how the folks aboard behave.

Our sailing on the JP's was fun and lively. It included one larger adult family group, but there were no drunks or rowdiness. It was definitely a "Rated G" experience with lots of dancing and of course the in famous rope swing.

Tranquilo in our minds is a terrific experience as well, though I have heard complaints of the boat being crowded. The first time we sailed on her our daughter was only 8 and was pretty bored on the sail back to her mooring. The second time we sailed she was with 3 other children her own age so time passed quicker. Tranquilo is definitely a longer and more relaxing experience.

Another option is Strea Charters.

Since there are already at least 4 of you, you might consider joining with some folks from your roll call and going together on a private charter on either Tranquilo or Strea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived