Train station to port in civitavecchia

annim

I've looked I promise! But I can't seem to find clear cut (for dummies) info on how to get to the ship from the train station in Civitavecchia. How far from the port is it anyway? Cab? Shuttle? I've also read that disembarking is a free-for-all. Please, one last time. Explain how we will get both to, and from the train station to the port on our Feb 22 cruise.

Grazie tante!!

I've looked I promise! But I can't seem to find clear cut (for dummies) info on how to get to the ship from the train station in Civitavecchia. How far from the port is it anyway? Cab? Shuttle? I've also read that disembarking is a free-for-all. Please, one last time. Explain how we will get both to, and from the train station to the port on our Feb 22 cruise.

Grazie tante!!

We walked it a couple of years ago, from the train station turn right and keep walking for about 20 minutes until you reach the port gates, from there we took the free port bus to the ship, just a couple of minutes on the bus through the port.

We - my 85 year old mother and me, with our baggage piled up in her wheelchair while she walked. Its a little uneven here and there but not bad.

Disembarking a free for all - isn't everything a free for all on MSC? By the end of the cruise you should be used to it.

The best way is still to use the free shuttle bus (it's free as opposed to other extremely pricey MSC shuttle buses at Marseille/Valencia etc) to get to the cruise terminal gate and then walk to the train station.

***** has a fairly comprehensive guide.

http://***************************/%20transportation/cruising-come-to-rome-for-the-day-2

As above, from the ship take the free shuttle to the port gate, if there is one. It isn't far if there isn't. Out of the gate turn right and keep walking down the same street to the train station just under half a mile away - around 10 minutes with luggage.

Anyone know if there are cabs available at the port gate? Since we're going in February, it's entirely possible the weather could be bad, and I don't relish the thought of dragging all our bags that far, we'll have quite a bit of luggage also - at least 5 bags plus briefcase, purse etc... for 4 of us. Thanks again~

Archived